Monday, March 25, 2013

Turkey Hunting

I told a friend on Saturday that I actually might be excited about Monday because my weekend was so chill.  Well, that turned out to not be true, BUT my weekend was really great.

After work on Friday, I headed down to Savannah.  I have to tell you, I really do love driving by myself.  Sometimes it gets boring and sometimes I don't pay attention to how fast I'm going (a lot of times), but it is really nice having several hours to jam out to whatever you want, think about whatever you want, and just not have to deal with anything.

I stopped by my cousins' house on the way in and played a couple rounds of Nertz (lost both rounds, and one of the rounds was won by my cousin who had his hand in a splint...I've lost my touch) and some Just Dance on the Wii.  I was only there for about thirty minutes and I had to leave because I was exhausted and tired and ready to go to bed.

Let me tell you something I've discovered.  I love my brother, but my goodness.  He is a bachelor for sure.  No clean towels AND the sheets in his spare bedroom had not been changed since his friends stayed there two weeks ago.  His friends who played in a rugby tournament while they were in Savannah.

Like I was sleeping in that.  I dug up some sheets thankfully and then crashed.

My brother and I were up at five am on Saturday to go turkey hunting.  I honestly had no idea what to expect, but it was a lot of fun.

We did not kill any turkeys.  We actually didn't see any until we were leaving, and then when my brother tried to call the turkey in, it got spooked and took off.  At least we did shoot his guns for a little bit.

Also, turkey hunting is a lot of walking around.  A lot.  You do sit and wait in some areas, but that's if the turkeys are around.  I walked through some swamps, about ten zillion thorns and sticky bushes, some fields, and some pretty woods.  We also saw a white tail deer and heard some other animal that my brother said was a wild hog.  I dunno about that, but it was loud.

Isn't it pretty, though?

We spent the rest of Saturday lying around, watching tv and ordering food.  My brother and I don't get to hang out that much, so that was really nice to just hang with him.

Sunday I headed home.  Driving home is not as fun as driving there.  Boring.  And then here we are, back to Monday.

How was your weekend?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS