That's all I ask for- contentment right now. I, of course, would like to say I'll be content for the rest of my life, but I'm human. I know that's probably not going to happen. So until that moment happens, I'm going to soak in the fact that I am happy with my life, my job, and everything else God has given me.
This weekend had some of the most amazing weather, at least on Saturday. I finally got off my butt and got into the gym both Friday and Saturday, but I also walked my dogs Saturday and Sunday. I just could NOT stay inside on such a gorgeous day.
Saturday night, I went to an engagement party for some good friends of mine. It was also kind of a motivation for me to keep up with the gym because I can't fit into some of my nice clothes anymore (who am I kidding, pretty much all of them) . So that was awesome finding that out.
Anyway, the engagement party was held at the home of a girl I graduated college with. Her home was so beautiful and I fell in LOVE with her backyard. It was exactly what I wanted for mine. Totally got me motivated.
In an ideal world, this is kind of what my backyard would look like:
But right now, my backyard is kind of boring. I'm on a tight budget these days, so I can't go all crazy, but here are some things I can do and plan on doing within the next month:
1. Cut my grass and take care of the weeds. Those little purple flower weeds are outta control in my yard. My mom said she has some sort of weed killer that takes care of weeds like that at her house that I can use.
2. Finally remove the pile of brush in the back corner. Plus, I think something is living in it and it CREEPS me out. My dogs go crazy at least twice a day at the pile, but I can't find anything.
Oh, did I tell you I have a possum that lives right behind my fence? Actually, there's two. I've seen them twice. And yes, they are as gross and weird as you think they would be.
3. Pull the random weeds over by the side of fence.
And there we go. Currently, it is about 35 degrees cooler than it was on Saturday and thundering and hailing, so it's not happening tonight.
Now I've got a DVR to clear out. Happy Monday!




1 comment:
Girl, our backyard is in bad shape but our front yard is the pits! I know nothing about yard care as we've always had someone else do it when I was young so I'm feeling the disadvantage now! Good luck! I can't wait to see what you end up doing with it!
Post a Comment