Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Baltimore, Part Two

Part One is found here.

So, back to the most amazing breakfast I've ever had in my entire life.  It came from Miss Shirley's.  Stephen's coworker had said it was even better than Waffle House, so I had major expectations, but also some reservations.  Here's the thing- his friend was not from the south and Waffle House is, HELLO, Waffle House.  When have you ever been disappointed by Waffle House?  Exactly.

HOWEVER.

This place exceeded my expectations by a long shot.  Miss Shirley's is on a different level than Waffle House.  People actually wore nice clothes to this restaurant and the waiters and waitresses looked really respectable.

Whatever, though, I'll wear heels and fur and pearls every day of my life to eat this breakfast again.  Cinnamon roll french bread, shrimp and grits like you've never had, and cinnamon roll pancakes.  Plus, the best fried okra with the best ranch I've ever had.

The best french bread cinnamon rolls you've ever had in your life.  And yes I ate all that syrup, plus asked for a to go cup of syrup.

Shrimp and grits, Miss Shirley's style

Cinnamon danish pancakes

Spicy sausage

I so wish I had taken a picture of that fried okra, but trust me when I say it was delicious.

After breakfast, we headed over to Johns Hopkins.

Look!  The Louvre!!  (inside joke here...)

This is the original Johns Hopkins...isn't it beautiful?  The inside is even more beautiful!

Stephen has a postdoc research position there, and we went to check out his lab and the hospital.  He works with mice in the cardiology unit, and that's about all I could tell you.  I have no idea what he does, to be honest.  I don't understand it, but we got to wear cool clothes to walk around the lab.

Those are mice in the crates to the left.

Then we stopped by the bookstore and all bought the best sweatshirts ever, which then led to a great afternoon of watching the first of four movies from the whole weekend.  Pitch Perfect was up first.

Look at those cool nerds with those cool Hopkins sweatshirts.

We decided to be cool and go to a late dinner at Rusty Scupper's.  Somehow we managed to get an excellent table that overlooked the harbor, but the view didn't really matter.  We stuffed ourselves silly on more seafood.

Rusty Scupper's had the best: 

-bread
-roasted red pepper spread
-popcorn shrimp

Best popcorn shrimp ever
-fried oysters
-caesar salad
-crab cakes

I thought those green beans were asparagus...shows how much I eat veggies

-UM, everything

So, so, so delicious.  Worth the $130 bill at the end.  

Anyway, Baltimore had really nice weather when we arrived.  We actually ate lunch outside on Friday, but by Saturday night, holy crap am I glad I live in Georgia.  It was windy and freezing cold.  My alter ego, Fareeja Pashmina Oystra, came out on the walk home from Rusty Scupper's.  



On our way home, we stopped by a cute little Key West themed bar and then called it a night.    

I'll be back tomorrow with our final full day in Baltimore (which surprising wasn't really that full).

I miss seafood already!! 

1 comment:

Erika said...

OMG. I hate you for showing all those delicious breakfast pictures. I want that food soooo baaaaaad!!! Why must Baltimore be so far away!! What a fun trip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS