Here's the thing, though.
-I don't have the money to go out and buy a brand new living room, decor and all. Unless I find someone to bankroll my life, and that hasn't happened yet.
-I don't want my living room to look like it came straight out of a Pottery Barn catalog. Like, have you ever seen that Friends episode where Phoebe hates Pottery Barn furniture but Rachel gets a table from PB for their apartment? So she lies about it but Phoebe finds out, then Phoebe admits that actually does like Pottery Barn?
That would be me. I love it, but hate it, too. They have great pieces, but then a million other people have your same living room or bedroom set or whatever. Not cool.
-I'm terrible at making decisions by myself. It takes me forever to decide on something, and then it takes me twice as long to actually follow through. I never would have painted my living room unless my mom called me up and said she wanted to paint something.
-I have a giant empty wall that intimidates me as far as decorating. I've got kind of an idea, but here are the only two suggestions I've gotten so far:
*a photo gallery wall (from my mom)
*a hunting trophy wall (from my brother and that is definitely not happening)
So I'm open to suggestions. Because even though I'm all ready to go hunting and everything, I'm pretty sure I won't be building up a trophy wall or anything.
-When it really comes down to it, I haven't been too motivated to step up my living room, but it's on my goal list for this year.
Why don't I just show you my living room now, okay? You're probably sick of my ramblings anyway. So, here we go...
![]() |
| The view from the front door |
![]() |
| What you see to the right of the door...I plan on changing out the mirror |
![]() |
| Breakfast area leading in to living room...I need some curtains obviously. |
![]() |
| I plan on getting a new entertainment center...this is really like a sofa table |
![]() |
| And here we have the GIANT blank wall. |
Alright the gray looks different on camera than it does in real life, but only a little. So there's my living room!






3 comments:
Beautiful!! I think it's looking great...I really love your ceiling (which I realize you can't really take credit for, haha, but still!) and your fireplace! The wall color is perfect. I like gallery walls (don't have one myself) but I'm intimidated by how long (or how expensive) it would take to get one going. Like, you can't just start with 2 random frames and a letter...that would look dumb. You need to get all 40 things, which would either cost a fortune or take forever to find, or both. And then nailing it all in? And God forbid you ever rearrange furniture or redecorate and need to move the gallery wall- THE HOLES! So...I've refrained from making one in my own house. :)
It looks great! I always believe decor evolves with time - hence why I still have a lot of blank walls and spaces after living in our home for three years :)
Looks so cozy, Love this! Sending love from New York City, hope you are well. :-) Please follow me! & like me on Facebook! I also recently entered a contest to be ELF Cosmetics new fresh face. Please vote for me here: http://www.exploremodeling.com/Casting/elfCosmetics2013/77855/Janice_Tran.aspx I so appreciate it.
Janicethitran.com
<3
Post a Comment