Monday, February 11, 2013

weekend reeeewind

I love weekends like this past one.  Productive, restful, and awesome, all rolled in to one.

Friday night, my church had a worship night.  After the day and week I had had, I needed some time with the Lord to worship.  I showed up, and so did the Lord.  It was, by far, the best worship night I've ever been to at my church.

I've been listening to two of the songs we sang on repeat since then.  Hearing them live is so different than a youtube video, but I'm going to share them anyway.





On Saturday, I met a dear friend for lunch.  I've set a super strict eating out budget for this month, and I spent most of it on Saturday.  I'm okay with that, though, because that was planned.  {My trip to Baltimore does not count, by the way.}  I also did a little work in my backyard and around my house.

My mom called me up on Saturday and told me she was in the mood to paint.  Well, I hate painting with a passion, so when someone else tells me they want to paint, I don't say no!

We went to get paint after church on Sunday (really great sermon about financial breakthrus...a really great reminder for me, too) and then we got to painting.  I started cutting everything in first, and for once, I did not hate painting.  I think that's the key- cut it in first.

My dad came over for a little bit to help with the high part, but my mom and I did everything else.



I loooovvvveee my living room now.  Yes, the color looks a little dark in the evening, but I plan on adding bright curtains and something on the giant empty wall.  During the day, it looks amazing.  I don't think the picture does it justice.

I'm going to do a full living room tour later on this week, so come back for that!

How was your weekend??

Linking up with Sami and Leanne for a little Weekend Update.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that paint color! So fun to see rooms come together!

Erika said...

The paint looks fantastic!! Can't wait to see the whole room!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS