I quit doing book reviews awhile ago, but every now and then I come across a book that is just so phenomenal I have to share.
For this month's book club, it was my turn to pick and I chose The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It's been on my To Read list for a looooong time. So, J, since you are in book club and read my blog...you can either get a sneak peak of book club or just leave this post.
Y'all. I am in love with this book. I love everything about it. I love Hazel and Augustus, I love their relationship, I love the story, I love it. I read it in just a few hours, but I am also a really fast reader.
There hasn't been a book that I've cried this much in, ever. But it was a good cry. I cried when it was sad, when it was sweet, when it made me happy.
Yes, the book is about cancer and maybe that topic is kind of overdone (hello, Lurlene McDaniel, I'm talking to you). But I think John Green did a wonderful job with the cancer topic. I kind of feel that while it was super important to the plot and the lives of Hazel and Augustus, the cancer topic wasn't ALL the book was about.
Also, I read on one of the reviews that some people thought that teenagers don't talk like they do in this book in real life. Well, yes, but Hazel and Augustus aren't really normal teenagers. Plus they kind of reminded me of Charlie, Sam, and Patrick from The Perks of Being A Wildflower. By the way- that movie is excellent. I haven't read the book, but I can only imagine how great it is based off of the movie.
Okay, enough rambling. I loved this book. Has anyone else read it? Thoughts?
{OH, OH, I also read that this book is being turned into a movie?! I cannot wait!!}
Escape to the Country With Me
8 months ago


2 comments:
I've been wanting to read that, and now I want to read it even more!
I really want to read this. Thanks for writing about it, I hadn't heard of it. Now it is on my list!
Post a Comment