Monday, April 8, 2013

Garlic, Car Batteries, and Hallmark Movies

Well, folks.  It's Monday again.  Which would be more upsetting, except this is my last week before spring break.  And then I have 18 days until summer.  Eighteen.

My mom and I had a huge yard sale on Saturday morning to raise money for my mission trip to Ghana. It was a beautiful day, we had a ton of stuff to sell, but not a lot of people came.  It was kind of a bummer, but I did make some money for the trip.

Then, that afternoon, I met a sweet friend at Starbucks to catch up.

I also found out two important things:

1. A garlic clove is NOT the entire bulb.  I made a recipe last week that called for two garlic cloves.  Well, I thought the entire bulb was one clove and since I only had one garlic bulb, I minced that one up.  Thank GOODNESS I did not get two bulbs and put it in the recipe.  It's actually not too bad, though.  Garlic-y, yes, but not too terrible.

Just goes to show that as soon as I start thinking I'm getting pretty good at cooking, something happens to bring me back down to reality.

2. When your mechanic tells you your car battery is running low when you get your oil changed (three times), listen to them.  My car wouldn't start Saturday night and my dad had to come save the day.  Luckily, I was at home, but still.  A dead battery sucks.

He charged it all night with some battery charger thing, and it runs fine today, so who knows?  Maybe I left a light on.

I ended my night with some delicious fro-yo (off day for the no sugar) and a terrible Hallmark movie.  Then, my best friend Jessica and I came up with an awesome rubric to grade these Hallmark movies.  We are looking at criteria like continuity, character likeability, believablity (not entirely sure if those words are real), plot, etc.  We set a bunch of them to record and in a few weeks, we're having a Hallmark movie marathon where we grade them all and choose the best one.

The Academy Awards for Hallmark movies, if you will.

I'll let you know the winner because I bet you're dying to know.

I do not go for healthy fro-yo, obviously.  I go for delicious.

How was your weekend?

3 comments:

Erika said...

HA!!!!! Love the garlic mixup. Matt can never keep straight which is which, but at least he double checks with me every time before he de-vampires us for life with a mistake! Also, you should invite my dad to be on your Hallmark Academy Awards team. That man loves Hallmark movies more than should be legal. He has probably already seen them all and can help you narrow the field from the beginning. :)

a. nicole said...

The garlic thing was such a bright part of my morning. You can rest assured though, garlic has many health benefits lol.

I nominated you for a liebster. Do it with me!! http://www.aleasa.net/2013/04/e-is-fro-eaward-is-that-cheating.html

allison said...

My mother in law is constantly watching hallmark movies! And I work at Honda dealership, and you're right, the battery will eventually leave you stranded! Unfortunately most people learn that the hard way. Glad you were at home and your Dad could save you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS