{Just so you know, this was all ready to go, minus pictures, LAST weekend. But I was so exhausted I didn't even think about the blog. So you get it now...}
So, my friends, for once in my life, I have had an EXTREMELY productive spring break. So productive, in fact, that I want to cancel all my plans for this weekend and lay around.
1. Repainted the guest bathroom. Okay, this all started from a rug I saw at Target.
Everything else spawned from there. Then I bought towels, decided to hang a cabinet, and painted. The paint was free. My mom had a gallon that she thought would look great with the colors. I looked at the sample color and agreed. Well, after painting, I can tell you this- the sample color looks nothing like the paint color.
It's growing on me. It's bright, for sure. I'm thinking about replacing the towels with white ones to tone down the color. But part of me loves the color. I'm typically one who chooses earth tones, calm colors, paler colors, etc. Not so far in this house. An asparagus green for my room, a dark gray for my large open living room, and now this blue.
To be 100% honest, this blue may not last forever. It took me about an hour and a half to paint it, so repainting wouldn't be a big deal at all. But for now, it's staying!
![]() |
| You really can't tell how bright the blue is in this picture. |
![]() |
| This is possibly my favorite part. I am replacing the knobs on the drawers (one is already missing) and changing out the candle, but I just love this. |
2. Picked out curtains, bought them, and hung them! Well, my brother and his friend hung them, but they are still up! Also, I hung them so they are about two inches off the ground, which I know some people may say curtains need to hit the ground or drape on the ground, but I don't like that look.
So, here they are. I was a little worried they wouldn't go with the gray on the walls, but I really love it.
![]() |
3. Hung a printer's box, or whatever you call these things. Again, my brother helped out with this one. I've had this one for, like fifteen years. My mom and dad picked it up in North Carolina at an antique store. My sister and mom have one, too.
4. Random house decor things. My favorite is this, which is hanging out right in front the column near my front door.
You know, here's the thing. I second guess myself on nearly everything I do, decorating wise. I guess because this is the first time I don't have to consider anyone else's opinions it makes it much harder. It should be easier, but not for me.
When it comes down to it, this is my house. My decor. So I shouldn't worry about if someone else likes it. I like it, and that's all that matters.
My house is finally feeling like a home. I've been in the house for about six months and I'm finally settling in.
Next up on my decorating list is some curtains for my bedroom!


.jpg)




1 comment:
Looking good! I agree, it all seems to steamroll lots of times!
Post a Comment