Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Liebster Award...Finally

So, Aleasa over at happy life tagged me for this a week or so two weeks ago, and I'm finally getting around to it!

{Okay, actually, that's not entirely true.  I have had most of this typed up and ready to go.  But I never tagged 11 other people.  So, I'm just not going to.  I know, I know.  But I'd rather post this than let it sit in draft form for weeks because I still need to tag people.}





The Rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2.  Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3.  Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4.  Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
5.  No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!






Here are my 11 Random Things:

1. I like for my tv/radio volume to land on an even number (or a five).

2. I have a heart for missions.  There is definitely more to come on this.

3. I see more stray dogs than anyone I know.  I saw three in one weekend recently.  It breaks my heart and I usually end up in tears because I can't get to the dog.  I don't know why I see them, but I'm starting to think there is a reason.  More to come on this.  Maybe.

4. Every day that I check my mailbox, I imagine that there is a million dollar check waiting in there for me.  Unrealistic expectations?  Uh, yeah.

5. I have a bald spot on my head.  My mom does, too.  I guess it's like a birthmark.  I try to keep it covered, though, because it's not pretty.

6.  I have a huge crush on Crosby LeVeen from Deadliest Catch.  If you know him, hook a girl up.

7.  I have recently discovered the deliciousness of sour cream.  I honestly do not know how I lived almost 28 years without this delicacy.  Now I have two containers in my fridge.

8. My cat is freaky.  She stares at me endlessly, drinks out of the toilet, watches the toilet flush, and smothers me at night when she sleeps above my head.

9. I think Waffle House and Taco Bell are the bomb.com and I eat both of those during the day, not just late at night.  Trust me, a cheesy gordita crunch and an egg and cheese sandwich will change your life.

10.  I am excellent at spelling and remembering names.  99% of the time.

11. I am training for a triathlon in May...and I feel very unprepared.

Now, onto the questions...

  1. Tell us about your favorite memory.  Well, it's not really one specific memory, but when I was growing up, my parents would take us to Savannah (where they and the rest of my family are from) all the time.  During the summer, we would always go out on the boat and usually end up at Beach Hammock.  I loved those days and it makes me wish I lived near the coast.  
  2. What's your favorite show on television right now? If you don't watch TV, what's is your favorite TV show of all time?  I love love love NCIS.  And that is followed by New Girl, The Big Bang Theory, and Friends reruns.
  3. How many siblings do you have, and do you get along?  I have two sisters (one older and one younger) and a younger brother.  We all get along pretty well, but we are all spread apart, so we don't spend tons of time together. One sister is in Ohio, my brother is in Savannah, and my other sister actually lives five minutes away, but she works all the time.  
  4. Where do you want to be/What do you want to be doing in five years?  Well, ideally I'd like to be a millionaire living on a island.  That probably won't happen, so I'd be just as happy married with maybe a kid.  I will tell you this, though- if I'm still broke, single, and paying student loans and a car loan, I'm going to be pissed.
  5. What movie are you looking forward to seeing?  I don't really know.  I haven't seen any previews lately that look amazing.  Y'all know of any??
  6. How do you unwind after a tough day? A milkshake, some tv, and laying on my couch.  Or now that I'm running again, a nice run.  
  7. Do you prefer Apple or Mac products? Do you care? I am a Mac person fo sho.  Except for the iPhone, and I refuse to get one of those. 
  8. What was the last book you read? Did you like it? The last book I read was The Fault In Our Stars by John Green and it was AMAZING.  Here, check out my review.  
  9. What's your least favorite chore? Your most favorite?  Every chore.  But if I had to choose one, I really hate sweeping and mopping.  And most favorite?  Maybe cleaning the bathroom, which is a little gross.  But I do love it.
  10. Do you have any irrational fears?  Oh my gosh, yes.  See HERE.  I'll name a few- my stove/toaster being on when I haven't used it in days, electrical cords starting a fire, my doors being locked/unlocked, family/friends being hurt when they don't answer their phone, curling irons or straight irons being left on (I have been known to bring my curling iron with me to school because I was so worried about it not being unplugged...actually no one knew that and now they do), and that's just a fraction of it.  
  11. Do you like to take baths, or do you prefer showers?  Showers.  Baths are boring to me.  I take one about once a year.  Also, when I had surgery on my heel, I could only take baths while I had my cast and it was horrible and a huge pain in the butt.  So, baths are not as exciting anymore.  

And here are my eleven questions for anyone who wants to partake...

1. What is your favorite grocery store?
2. If you had a movie based on your life, who would you want to play you?
3. Favorite song?
4. Describe your dream vacation (with unlimited funds).
5. Are you a Friends fan or not?  If so, who is your favorite character?
6. iPhone or Droid?
7. Are you currently doing your dream job?  If not, what is your dream job?
8. Tell about the best concert you've ever been to.
9. Do you eat Taco Bell?  If so, what's your favorite item?
10.  Cat or dog person?  Why?
11. Are you a crier?


So, seriously, if you wanna answer them, let me know cause I wanna read your answers!!  And...sorry I'm a little lazy and am not tagging anyone specific.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I definitely think you should be an island-living millionaire in five years. Then you can invite me out to your island and we can be fast-food eating island bums together and take turns making sure all of the straight irons are unplugged. I do that a lot, too.

a. nicole said...

You are so funny... the answer about if you're still single/paying student loans/etc LITERALLY made me laugh out loud. We should be friends IRL lol. I'm glad you posted!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS