Monday, April 28, 2014

Danny's Dirty Thirty in Savannah

WHAT UP.  Long(ish) time, no see.  I could say it's been pretty busy in my life, but I had spring break last week and a fairly easy week this past week.  So no.

Anyway, I'm jumping back in today to share about my weekend over Easter.  My friend Danny turned 30 on April 21, so our group (group sounds so formal...our friend family maybe?) headed down to Savannah for the weekend to celebrate, along with Danny's parents, his cousin, and another couple.

Unfortunately for us, it rained the ENTIRE time we were there.  Like, rained from the moment we left my house to the moment we left Savannah to come home.

So that was cool.

But really, the weekend was a complete blast.  It's not often the five of us get together- Stephen lives in Baltimore, Danny lives in Athens and is about to move to Mississippi, and the three of us girls live in metro Atlanta.

We left early Friday morning from my house.  Jessica and Danny came in from Athens (looking rough, I should say...they were out late the night before celebrating Jessica's thesis defense).  We left and picked up Stephen from his mom's, and then we hit the road.  It was an eventful ride, full of accidents, traffic, and rain.

Oh, and we stopped by Taco Bell and I backed into a telephone pole.  Unfortunately, this is the third pole I have backed into, but fortunately, this one caused the least amount of damage.

Our other friend Paula met us in Savannah, and we spent the rainy afternoon at the hotel.   The hotel was on Bay Street, which was in the absolute best location.

We know how to party.

The birthday boy!!


For dinner, we walked down the street to Moon River Brewing Company.  They have a really neat patio, but we had to miss out on that since it was terrible weather.  (Also, let's see how many times I can mention the bad weather in this post.)

I had a Tacodilla, which was probably THE best thing I ate all weekend.  Maybe.  It was a cheese quesadilla folded into a taco with beef brisket and a delicious chipotle sauce on top.  Highly recommend it if you're ever in Savannah.

Us girls were kind of lame Friday night and went to bed early.  The boys, however, apparently had a pretty rocking Friday night, especially Danny.  He stayed out til four am with his cousin and his girlfriend and ended up with a mustache temporary tattoo on his head.

Even though the weather was terrible on Saturday, we still managed to walk around River Street and City Market some.  Oh, and have lunch at AJ's out on Tybee.  I had the buffalo shrimp, which is my favorite way to eat shrimp.

Do these not look amazing?

I love these girls.  And my hair in this photo.  But I love these girls more.

Our CEAL family.

He's so excited about his sugar free daiquiri. 

It wouldn't be a weekend without Paula crying.

Stephen walked around with that mustache tattoo on ALL DAY LONG.

Saturday night, we ate dinner somewhere on River Street.  I can't remember the name, but I do remember that Paula almost got beat up by a comment she made in front of another table.  Also, Danny, who had been celebrating his birthday all day long, was quite loud and I was a little afraid he would get kicked out of the restaurant.

Selfies with Danny's mom

Look at these two cool losers

Later on, we headed over to City Market and ended up at the Tree House.  It's a bar with a dance floor, which is our favorite kind of place.  No one was on the dance floor when we got there, but that didn't stop us.

By the way, if you ever hang out with us, you cannot be easily embarrassed or easily offended.  Because someone will embarrass you and someone will offend you at some point.  (Not me, though...)

So we spent quite awhile there, and after the Tree House, we hung out at the hotel for a little and then called it a night.  The next morning, I met my cousin for church and then met the rest of the group for lunch.  We hit the road the come home after that.

It was such a perfect weekend (minus the weather) to celebrate Danny's birthday.  Happy birthday, Danny!  I know you'll probably never read this, but it was an awesome weekend!

Paula, your 30th is up next!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun weekend! Savannah is totally on my list of places to visit!

Erika said...

OMG...the tacodilla??! Are you kidding me?? I could drive to Savannah just for that. Also, that amazing mustache tat is too awesome for words.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS