This weekend I finally got to see Divergent! You know I loved those books (minus the third one...UGHH Veronica Roth) and have been looking forward to the movie.
Well my two best friends and I met up for a matinee showing on Saturday. I would like to know, though, when a matinee ticket shot up to ten bucks. So obviously I have not been to a movie in forever because I was expecting to pay, like seven bucks, tops. That's such crap.
Anyway, we went to a lunchtime showing and I didn't eat beforehand and I certainly wasn't going to spend a car payment at the movies to eat, so I brought some food in. I typically always bring in some snacks, but this was the first time I brought in a hot dog from my favorite gas station.
Classy.
So let's talk about the movie. It was good, yes. There were some differences from the book, yes. Was it as good of an adaptation as, say, Harry Potter? No, but the book certainly wasn't as well written as HP. And I can't compare it to Hunger Games because I have neither seen the movies or read the books.
I know, stone me now. I have been told by countless numbers of people how good they are, including my fourth grade students!
And THEO JAMES. Wowzers. My new favorite celeb crush by far. I ran across this a week or so ago and sent it to my friend Jessica, who also is in love with Theo. You should check it out because SPOILER ALERT, it's 29 pictures of Theo James.
Not long after the movie- like within an hour- a stomachache and headache I'd had since before the movie got a lot worse and then for the next twelve hours I felt like I was dying. I thought it was food poisoning, then the flu, then just the Grim Reaper coming to get me when I was moving from the couch to my bed.
I like to complain a lot about little things (especially hot weather and other drivers), but when it comes to serious pain and serious issues, I tend to downplay my problems.
But listen. I'm not kidding when I'm saying it was some of the worst pain I've ever been in. Plus, I had a fever, and I never run fevers. Like, ever. I was so thankful when I woke up Sunday morning feeling about 70% better. No fever, no chills, no sharp stomach pains, no headache. I still didn't eat much, but I was a lot better.
So yeah. A pretty solid weekend if I do say so myself.
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


1 comment:
Oh man, sorry about the sudden sickness!! That sounds awful!! But I do think you should know that I saw you IG that pic of your smuggled hotdog on Saturday and cracked up, so Matt needed to know what I was looking at, and I showed him. He then went on to beg for a trip to the QT so that he could get a similar hotdog for the REST OF THE WEEKEND. I mean, despite the fact that we were eating at all our favorite restaurants for his birthday...the man couldn't stop asking for a stupid gas station hotdog!!! This is all your fault. :)
Post a Comment