Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My Favorite Skin and Makeup Products

I've been trying to change up my makeup/skin routine for awhile, and I think I've finally figured out the magic combination.  It makes my skin pretty clear, it has the least amount of chemicals that works for me, and it's (for the most part) cruelty free.

I checked whether or not products and brands were chemical free with this company.  They certify companies as cruelty-free as long as they don't test on animals AND don't test in any part of their manufacturing process.  So, for example, they don't test their final product, but they also don't use any chemicals or work with any companies in the process of creating their products who test on animals.

Plus, I like to hear what other people use, so...maybe one of you will find this interesting?

{These are all completely my opinions, fyi.  I certainly didn't get paid or any free stuff for this, although I would gladly take free stuff.  I just wanted to share what I like and use.}


I just use the cleanser right now, but I've used all the products and love all of them.
 via

I first used this face wash a year or two ago.  It worked WONDERS, especially when I used the whole line of products.  However, it isn't cheap when you used all the products in the line and it has a bunch of chemicals.  Also, as far as I know, it's not a cruelty-free company.

I went back to it a couple months ago when my face was breaking out like I was fourteen again, and within a week, it's all cleared up with the exception of a few hormonal breakouts.  

Confession: I haven't used liquid foundation in at least ten years, if not more, and when I did, I hated it.  I was so against going back to liquid, but my favorite stick foundation isn't cruelty free or chemical free.

Urban Decay isn't chemical free, but it is cruelty free, so that's okay in my book.  I LOVE this foundation.  I don't need that much in order to have full coverage, it doesn't look like I'm wearing caked on makeup, it doesn't feel heavy at all, and it doesn't aggravate my skin.


via

Originally, my plan was to switch over to this brand for all my makeup, but I ordered a sample set and I just didn't love only using mineral powders.  So I use a foundation powder over my liquid foundation, and then a finishing dust.  

I really like the overall look, plus this company is cruelty free, vegan (I am NOT a vegan, but just in case you want to know), and nasty chemical free.  I recognize and can read/say the few ingredients that are listed.

I also use a blush from here, but I haven't found my favorite shade yet.

four. Apple cider vinegar

I use this as a toner once a day, at night.  I just put some apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball, then add a teensy bit of water, and wipe all over my face.  

Easy and works wonderfully.  It does smell disgusting, so that's why I only use it at night.  My mom, sister, and dad all will drink a little apple cider vinegar each day, but I don't do that.  This stuff is relatively cheap and your can get a good, completely organic and natural brand at Kroger or Publix.  I use the Bragg brand.

five.  Coconut oil.

Alright, listen.  This has become my new favorite product EVER.  I use it for a lot:

-moisturizer
-eye make up remover
-deep conditioner for hair
-oil pulling (don't get grossed out...just google it!)

As far as my skin, I have these three prominent wrinkles on my forehead that have been there for a few years.  I hate them, but haven't cared that much to do anything about them.  But, y'all, I SWEAR they are not as noticeable since I started using coconut oil twice a day.  I've been using it since December.  

It takes all my makeup off easily, including the waterproof stuff.  I even give my dogs a spoonful every few days.  They LOVE it.  I've used it on cuts, too.  This is the brand I use-



six. Tea tree oil

Here is another super versatile, super amazing natural product.  I use it for spot treatments on my face, but also to help with other skin issues.  Don't get grossed out, but I had this rash on a certain part of my body.  I think it's from dry skin, but it was bad.  I also couldn't stop myself from scratching it until it bled because I have the self-control of a toddler, so twice a day I applied tea tree oil and it immediately stopped the itching and helped clear it up.  I also put on some coconut oil to moisturize it and that really helped.



My next big change in products I use are my cleaning products, and then maybe some of my food.  Food probably should have been my first switch, but OH WELL.

There we go.  Any cruelty/chemical free products I should know about?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS