Monday, April 14, 2014

Who Am I??

Guys, the weather here in Georgia was phenomenal over the weekend.  Just freaking amazingly phenomenal.

There was no way I was spending the majority of my weekend inside.  Saturday, I cut my grass and then started working in my yard.  My parents, because they are awesome and enjoy yard work, came over to help as well.

My dad chainsawed these bushes that line my back fence and tore most of them down.  I do want some sort of bush back there, but right now, I wanted these terrible things torn down.  They're actually from the trees that are behind my fence, but they spread like wildfire.  I love the trees and the shade, just not the little bushes and trees that come up on my property.

You can see what they used to look like in the back of these pictures.  Be prepared for some straight up amazing photography from what appears to be an 80 year old using a camera phone for the first time (see: fingers in the corner).


LOL seriously.  Have I ever used a camera before??
Also, jealous of my luscious green grass?  Yeah, me neither.

Anyway, we cleaned that area up on Saturday.  (I say we very loosely.  I mainly pulled any small trees or weeds up and moved branches to the burn pile.)

My mom has like, a million day lillies at her house and she split some up and brought them to my house.

We planted them where my ill-fated hydrangeas were last year.  I'm hoping these won't die, by my mom swears they won't, unless I don't water them.  So I'm not going to take a picture of those until A) I learn how to take photos and B) they bloom.

I spent over four hours working on my yard on Saturday, and I loved it.  I really did, which is the very first time I've ever enjoyed yard work in my life.  Now if I end up with a spider bite or poison oak, which normally happens when I do a lot of yard work, I'll be really ticked off.

The yard is nowhere near perfect, but it looks so much better!  Here are my immediate, short term goals:

-get rid of the branches (we will most likely be burning them soon)
-get my hammock up in the back yard
-make some sort of bed with the last four or five feet of my yard, even if it's just pine straw or bark
-cover my front flower beds with new mulch
-get my patio lights up semi-permanently for the spring/summer

My long term goals:
-get flower beds up against my house- I'm thinking Gardenia bushes
-extend my patio
-make a flower bed out of the right corner of the yard

So we'll see.   I can't spend a lot of money on my yard this year, so I'm kind of limited right now to the goals that are inexpensive to complete.

Now let's just hope we don't have another rainy summer and I can actually use my backyard a bunch this summer!

1 comment:

Erika said...

BAHAHHAA I am cracking up at your awesome thumb photography. You are totally ready for the retirement home!!! Yay for a productive day of yard work, though!! Can't wait to see what kind of progress you make this summer!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS