Friday, November 28, 2014

Goals for Year Twenty-Nine

I turned 29 a few months back six months ago.  {Seriously, where does time go??}  A few months before that, I made a goal list for my 30th birthday.  Not really a 30 before 30 list because it's only 15 items, and not really a bucket list.  But, for the sake of recording it so I will make sure it happens- here's my list:


1. Complete triathlon

Remember how I did one a year and a half ago and hated it?  Well, I want to try it one more time.

2. Volunteer with Three-Oh-We-Go or Out of Darkness

It will be Out of Darkness, but I just have to find the time now.

3. Get tattoo

I have one, I want to add another one.  I haven't decided on what exactly, but it could be a brontosaurus on my ribcage.  I'm not kidding, either.

4. Learn to C walk

Self-explanatory.  I've been talking about this for awhile- maybe this can be my plan over Christmas break?

5. Send postcard to post secret 

I have a few options of what to send in.  I just have to find the time.

6. See movie by self

Also, self-explanatory.

7. Paint bedroom

This one is done!  I made a bad painting decision and painted it green when I first moved it.  Asparagus green, actually.  Gross.  Now it's a pretty cream color.

8. Finish decorating living room

This will be my hardest challenge.  I am seriously at a loss on what to do in here.

9. Pay off Berry student loan

I'm really not far away.  At all.  I will be so happy when it's paid off!!

10. Go hiking

Plans are in the works for this, but when it cools down.  I ain't hiking in 95 degrees in Georgia, nor am I hiking in 30 or 40 degree weather.

11. Go camping

I might have to change this because I like camping, but right now, I have zero desire to do it.

12. Cook five new recipes

I also have zero desire to do this, but I have my five recipes picked out and saved on my Pinterest boards.

13. Read 50 books in a year

I'm pretty sure I got this done over the summer, but if not, I always have book club to help me out.

14. Have cruelty and chemical free makeup and shower routine 

I'm halfway there.  I've got to change out my body wash, my shaving cream, and a few makeup products.

15. Create living will

This is the most depressing one, but I've been wanting to do it since I was 23.


So there it is.  Fifteen things to get done in the next nine months.  Six months left in my twenties.  I've accidentally said I was already 30 a couple of times, and I've had a mild heart attack when that happened.  I'm not really one of those people who think 30 is all that old, but I am one of those people who just doesn't believe that I'm almost 30 years old.  I honestly still feel 22 years old sometimes.  Well, maybe not my body.  My body definitely feels like I'm almost 30.  But mentally, I feel like a 22 year old.

Here's to my next six months of being 29!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Love this! I did a 30 before 30 list and definitely will not be accomplishing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS