Monday, November 17, 2014

Three Things for Monday

I have so many posts in my draft box, just waiting to be published.  They are waiting on me to finish them or add pictures or something, but OH WELL.  Too many other important things going on, like eating any and all sugary treats in my house and watching Hallmark Christmas movies.

I so want to decorate my house in Christmas decor right now, but it just might be a little too early.  Maybe.

Plus, I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year, and my family might not want to celebrate Thanksgiving next to a Christmas tree and some Santas.

But I digress.  I just wanted to share a few things that have made my week-

one. 


I wish my cat would do something cute like this.  Instead she begs for wet food constantly and steals my dogs' new bed.

two.
I am having to make my first major home repair.  Long story short, the investor and realtor who sold me my house did some shoddy contracting work to my house.  It might have been the previous owners, but I doubt it.  The thresh hold to my back door has been letting water in over the past couple of years.  The insulation thingy below it was wrapped in a TRASH BAG.  A black drawstring trash bag.  So yeah, that wasn't really working.

You can see how it's not straight from this angle. 
Can you see how the wood is bowing up?  It's made the door extremely difficult to open, and the door has scratched up the floor.

The water has damaged my hardwoods and the (most likely) particle board beneath it, and now they have to be replaced.  Since it was wind blown water damage, and not a leak or something from the faucet, insurance does not cover it.  Had it been from a leak from the faucet, I'd be getting brand new hardwoods all throughout my house.

I'm so excited.  Being a homeowner is so fun.  And because I love gifs so much, here is me when my dad told me what needed to be done and how much he thought it would cost:



three.  
I made THIS crock pot chicken chili a couple weekends ago.  It was the BOMB.COM.  Not even kidding.  I did not eat it over rice like the recipe recommends, but I did load it up with sour cream and tortilla chips.

I think since it also includes a whole package of cream cheese it's safe to say it's NOT healthy.  But it's good.

Also, I don't have a picture to show you because to be honest, it looks a little like vomit.  I have definitely seen something similar around the halls of my school, you know what I mean?  But don't let that deter you- it's good!

{Also, I am the worst at describing stuff.  Oh it looks like vomit, but it's good.  Oh yeah that outfit makes me look like a cow, but it's cute.  Want this shirt?  It has a hole in it, but it's cute.}

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Erika said...

You're HOSTING Thanksgiving??! Such a grown up!!! But grown up home-owning problems suuuuuuuck. We need a new roof like WHOA. But like, no. Don't nobody wanna pay for that. I'm waiting for a hail storm so that insurance can pay for it...

Erika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS