Thursday, September 26, 2013

I Am Blessed.

I am.  I may complain a lot- complaining is fun to me (weird, I know), but sometimes I just have to step back and acknowledge how freaking blessed I am.

{The intention of this post is not to brag AT ALL.  It is to remind myself that life is amazing, even when it's not.}

I have wonderful, wonderful friends from college, from small groups, from church, from work, from mission trips, from life in general.  These people build me up and support me and for that, I am thankful.

I have the best parents, even though they are nowhere near perfect.  My parents will do almost anything for me, even if I don't ask for it.  I don't tell them how much I love them or how thankful I am for them enough.

I have a great family.  I'm not as close to my siblings as some other people are, but it doesn't matter.  I may not talk to my sisters or brother on a daily basis or even that often, but I know they love me and support me.  And I love them and support them.

I have a family at work.  I'll be honest- it took me a few years and several eye rolls when people at work would refer to our school as their family, but I get it now.  I feel it now.  We do have a family.

I may talk about being broke, and I am sometimes (thank you, student loans), but let's be real- compared to the entire world, I am extremely extremely extremely blessed.  Undeservingly blessed.

I get to see these amazing sunrises, all thanks to habitually waking up before dawn, even on the weekends.  You ever feel like doubting God?  Go spend some time outside, preferably a little ways into nature.  You won't doubt him at all, I promise.

Okay, the computer screen doesn't do it justice.  And neither does my satellite dish, but trust me, it was gorgeous.  And no filter, either.
I mean, really.  When you start actually listing out your blessings, it's really hard to try and complain.

Happy Thursday, friends.  Hope it's a good one.

2 comments:

Erika said...

God's glory displayed in a satellite dish...the pinnacle of creation if you ask me. ;) It's so good to remember the good things sometimes-- and I'm super impressed you can see God despite the fact that you're up at 5:15!!!!

a. nicole said...

perspective. so refreshing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS