Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thursday Night Thoughts

Let's just jump right in...

one. I'm sure y'all have heard of Britney's residency in Vegas, right?  My friends and I talked about going to Vegas to celebrate our 30th birthdays in a year and a half or so...I'm thinking what was really just some talk is now going to be reality.  I will drop some cash on Britney.  Also, Celine Dion.  Can we talk about about different those shows would be?  Can we also talk about how I would most likely cry at seeing Celine Dion?  And how much I would annoy everyone pretending to sing like Celine.


I'm ready for Vegas.

two. I don't talk about my work on here hardly ever, but I have a student teacher this year and I'm sure she thinks I'm nuts.  And I kind of am.  But I haven't been able to turn much over to her because my grade level and I have changed up SO much stuff.  It's been way overwhelming, and I just changed up my reading/writing/ELA time.  Again.

three. My church has a Night of Worship tomorrow and I am so. looking. forward. to it.  Our worship nights are always amazing, humbling, powerful, and I feel like they're just a tiny, tiny, tiny glimpse of what heaven will be like.

four. So, I started this monthly meal planning thing.  At the beginning of the month, I went shopping and then planned meals for most of the month.  I probably should have done it the other way around to save money, but oh well.  The point is, I am doing AWESOME at sticking to the meal plan.  I have eaten out for dinner exactly one time this entire month and that was for a birthday dinner.  I have picked up breakfast two or three times and that's it.  I know I have saved a bunch of money.  Now I just have to work on finding new, easy recipes because as much as I love enchiladas, sandwiches, and tacos, they're losing the appeal after eating them all the time.

And I post right on the front of my fridge.


five. My reading list is all over the place these days.  The Age of Miracles is for book club, Teach Like A Pirate is what I have to read for leadership team at school, Daily 5 is for work, Horrible Harry is for one of my reading groups, and then the other was shared by my aunt.



I need a rainy day soon!

And to end this post out, look at my sweet Marley.  This was last Saturday morning.  Love him and those mornings to myself.


3 comments:

Erika said...

I don't teach anymore, but even still- I like the title of 'Teach Like a Pirate' so much that I kinda want to read it. How bout YOU read it and just summarize the high points for me instead?? Thanks!

Erika said...

Oh yeah I hit publish before I finished my thoughts. I am impressed with your meal planning a month out!!! Obviously my suggestion for next month is eMeals, but in lieu of that, keep up the awesome work! I especially like how you plan for the leftovers to stretch. Otherwise you end up with way too much food or going off the plan because you already have a fridge full of leftovers...annoying. Good thing I love leftovers!

Anonymous said...

A student teacher! I remember when you were a student teacher (some years back) and you were blessing then. I'm so thankful you are teaching and mentoring. I'm proud of you, Elise!

Doc

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS