Ok, so I know I said I don't mention my work very often, but I just have to say two things real quick.
I briefly mentioned that I had a student teacher earlier this week. Well, I really wish I could know what she really thinks of me. LOL. I feel like a crazy person when I am in front of her. As I've said, I've had to change my reading/writing/ELA block multiple times because I (and my grade level) just haven't been able to make it work. (Long story short...our school is asking everyone to incorporate Daily 5, which is fine because I really like the concept of Daily 5. What is not okay is that our ELA block is too short to make it work the way we want, so we had to do some changing around.) Anyway, because of that, she hasn't been able to do as much as she should at this point. I feel bad, but at the same time, I can't help it.
This week has been a lot of that, but I think we have it worked out and figured out. Plus, Friday was such a good day in all of my classes- especially math. We've been doing long division, and oh my word, it is hard. It always is, every year. But we've been working our tails off trying to get it mastered, and I think we're there! One sweet girl came up to me and hugged me and said, "Ms. T, I think I've got it!" She was so happy and proud and that right there is why I teach. Not for the grading, not for the RTI, not for the paperwork, not for the parents, but for those moments when kids are so darned proud of themselves for making progress or for achieving something. It seriously makes me tear up.
Okay, enough about school.
Friday night, my church had a worship night, which I always try to make sure I can go. My soul needs those nights.
You know what else my soul needs?
Days where I don't shower, don't change out of my pajama's, and where I spend it lying on the couch watching tv all day.
And that, my friends, is what I did on Saturday. I did catch up on grading (see: my Saturday morning routine), but as soon as that was done, I pulled out an extra comforter, brought some pillows into the living room, and promptly got horizontal like I was 9 years old and playing hooky.
I did make plans with one of my best friends that night to watch a movie, but first let me list a few reasons why we are best friends. One, we've known each other for ten years (and three of those ten years we lived together). Two, since we know each other so well I have absolutely no problem going over to her house at six pm with no makeup, still in pajamas, and no shower since the day before. At least I brushed my teeth.
We watched Blue Crush 2, which just in case you haven't heard, is the WORST movie in the world. It took us about four hours to watch it (it's less than two hours) because we would have to stop the movie to dissect it and point out everything wrong with it. And listen, I love surfing movies as much as the next person. With most surfing movies you kinda know that it's not top notch quality material. There are a few exceptions- Chasing Mavericks, Johnny Tsunami, Point Break, to name a few.
But oh my word this movie sucked. The only redeeming quality is that the love interest was somewhat cute. Somewhat.
I spent most of Sunday at church with the actual service, serving, and then a meeting. When I got home, my mom was at my house finishing a table we've been stripping, sanding, and staining. And when I say WE, please know I mean my mom. I don't know how to do any of that stuff.
But anyway, the table is about 90% done. She's coming over today to polyurethane it. Now we just have chairs to finish! I'll share pics when it is done. It's looking so good!
Alright, I'm ending this. Linking up with Sami. Go join in!
Okay, enough about school.
Friday night, my church had a worship night, which I always try to make sure I can go. My soul needs those nights.
You know what else my soul needs?
Days where I don't shower, don't change out of my pajama's, and where I spend it lying on the couch watching tv all day.
And that, my friends, is what I did on Saturday. I did catch up on grading (see: my Saturday morning routine), but as soon as that was done, I pulled out an extra comforter, brought some pillows into the living room, and promptly got horizontal like I was 9 years old and playing hooky.
I did make plans with one of my best friends that night to watch a movie, but first let me list a few reasons why we are best friends. One, we've known each other for ten years (and three of those ten years we lived together). Two, since we know each other so well I have absolutely no problem going over to her house at six pm with no makeup, still in pajamas, and no shower since the day before. At least I brushed my teeth.
![]() |
| One of the times when we actually look put together. |
We watched Blue Crush 2, which just in case you haven't heard, is the WORST movie in the world. It took us about four hours to watch it (it's less than two hours) because we would have to stop the movie to dissect it and point out everything wrong with it. And listen, I love surfing movies as much as the next person. With most surfing movies you kinda know that it's not top notch quality material. There are a few exceptions- Chasing Mavericks, Johnny Tsunami, Point Break, to name a few.
But oh my word this movie sucked. The only redeeming quality is that the love interest was somewhat cute. Somewhat.
I spent most of Sunday at church with the actual service, serving, and then a meeting. When I got home, my mom was at my house finishing a table we've been stripping, sanding, and staining. And when I say WE, please know I mean my mom. I don't know how to do any of that stuff.
But anyway, the table is about 90% done. She's coming over today to polyurethane it. Now we just have chairs to finish! I'll share pics when it is done. It's looking so good!
Alright, I'm ending this. Linking up with Sami. Go join in!



1 comment:
What?! I wish my mom would come be a little DIY fairy at my house! That is awesome! I hope you took 'before' pictures! Yay for great weekends and sub-par surfer movies!! ;)
Post a Comment