Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Book Club, Pools, and Music...Three of My Favorite Things

Hi, friends.  I checked out of the internet world for the most part over the past few days.  Especially blogging.  I didn't blog once, didn't read one blog, nada.  And it was great.

It wasn't as if I was that busy.  I was yesterday.  I had a fun leadership summit to attend.  Actually, it was kind of fun.  And I got free Chick-fil-a and our new superintendent let us out thirty minutes early, so win in my book.

Anyway, the sun is actually peeking out right now, so I'm crossing my fingers it stays that way.  I need to cut my grass, but I also want to go to the pool.  Take a guess as to which will happen.

From a couple weeks ago.  Hopefully this will be my view soon.

Last night, we had book club.  We read Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline.  It was really good.  One of the better books we have read recently (a million times better than Plato's Symposium, that's for sure).  I recommend it.

From goodreads.org


We also ate Mexican before book club.  I recommend that, too.

I've also been listening to a lot of instrumental music lately.  Well, that and this playlist I made on Spotify.  Here's one of my favorite instrumental songs at the moment.



Two things about this:  1- I don't care for Coldplay that much, but I love Taylor Swift.  Not so much the person, but I love her music and have ever since she came out with Tim McGraw.  2- I wish I had stuck with the piano after middle school.  I played from 2nd grade until 7th or 8th grade and then quit.  I regret it now.

That might be all for now.  Happy Wednesday, dear friends.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Ahhh...pool days. I need one of those soon. And the cover of that book is lovely- I will have to see what it's about!

Meghan said...

I always say that I wish I had stuck with the piano, too! I really enjoyed it as a kid.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS