Linking up with these ladies (Nicole {Three 31} Lisa {The Coastal Chicster}, and Becky {The Java Mama} Jen {The Arizona Russums}) for a weekly series called Finish This.
I had a lot of fun with last week's, so I'm back again!
1. It's never too late... to change things up- your life, your house, your views, all that important stuff.
2. I compare myself to others... ALL. THE. TIME. And with everything, too- how other women, especially women around my age, look, what they do for a living, how much money they make, if they're married and/or have kids. And of course in my mind, I fall short, but I know that's not true.
3. My personality is... hopefully my best feature. I like to think I've changed a lot, and I hope it's been for the better. When I was younger, I was such a control freak. I wanted to control every single aspect of my life. Then, none of it happened the way I wanted (because I'm not in charge, thank goodness), and I've learned to let go of a lot of that control. Not all of it, but a lot.
4. I can... eat a dozen donuts, hot now from Krispy Kreme, without regret. I can also make a glorious Excel spreadsheet budget and then not follow it for the entire month. I can spend hours and hours on the couch, but I can also spend hours and hours doing something productive. I can make a major life decision without hesitation (sometimes), but then stress over what restaurant to eat at for dinner.
5. I embrace change... ughal;kewnksv. I'd like to say I embrace it pretty well, but I don't know if I do. Several years ago, I wasn't real happy with my life. I didn't think teaching was for me, I didn't think Athens was for me, or even Georgia for that matter, so I researched two different locations to move to- Hawaii and South Carolina. Yeah, two total opposite ends of the spectrum, I know. But as much as I wanted to just pick up and move somewhere completely different, I was still afraid to make a big change.
So that's that. Round 2 of Finish This completed. Now I'm off to try to lay on the couch without moving because I am BURNT. I've got plans for a pedicure this afternoon, then picking up a friend at the airport.


3 comments:
Oh a dozen donuts, esp from Krispy Kreme?!?! I would be in the bathroom all day if I did that.
Sweet Baby Jesus, I think I gained 30lbs just thinking about eating a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts. Girl, I could do some damage to a bag of donut holes. Mmmmmmmm. Literally, my mouth is watering. TORTURE!!!!!!!!
Aloe, my friend. And wear sunscreen next time! :D
Funny how you live in the one place I dream of living and you wish to live elsewhere :) I want to be a Southern Girl more than anything but am tied up here in the North. ... AND you are living my dream of being a teacher... One day I will give up my corporate life and finally teach. One day. (I am licensed, just never pursued it!). I hope you realize you have a pretty great life! (well, pretty much my dream life!)
Post a Comment