Monday, July 7, 2014

Wedding Weekend, Round One

I titled this post Wedding Weekend, Round One because I have another wedding to attend next Saturday.  Thankfully I don't have to travel for that one.  Still, this weekend was a blast.

I left Friday morning with my bffs and Jessica's husband.  We had the BEST drive down.  Seriously, we did.  We hit no traffic, we stopped by the best QuikTrip ever, I managed to spill relish all over my body, the floor, and the counter at said QT, and we had excellent traveling music.



When we arrived in Gainesville, Florida, we checked into our hotel and met up with the happy couple and some other friends.  Danny is from Gainesville, so we went to his favorite restaurant/bar, Hogan's, and hung out there for awhile.  {I had a delicious Cuban, if you're wondering.}







Later on, we continued the party downtown at a few local places and ended the night fairly early.

On Saturday, we spent the morning lounging around the hotel, watching TV.  Lunch was at a local pizza place, where I ordered food I did NOT need- I was so full from breakfast.  Then, naps for all before we got ready for the reception.  Danny and Stephen had actually already gotten married two weeks ago in Baltimore at the courthouse, so this was their reception.  It was fun, it was sweet, the speeches made people cry (me, of course), the food was good, and there was dancing.  Everything a good reception needs.

The happy couple- Stephen and Danny 

The reception also had a photo area with props.  Smart!

The drive home wasn't as fun.  Driving home never is.  We hit traffic, we stopped by the strangest Zaxby's ever (thank you, South Georgia), and we were just tired.

So now I'm doing nothing all day until small group tonight.  I love summer days like this.  Happy Monday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS