Thursday, January 8, 2015

Major Randomness

I SWEAR I think my animals conspire against me.  I think they totally talk when I'm not at home and say, hey, let's make our mom's life miserable. Let's all do awful things ALL at the same time.  Here's how I imagine that conversation:

Marley: Okay, I'll cut my foot up and bleed all over the house while she's gone.

Emmy: Perfect.  I've been wanting to scratch my head up and make it bleed and scab up.  Oh, and I'll also vomit all behind the DirecTV receiver show she won't see it for a few days and it'll get nice and nasty.

Ace:  I'll actually take this week off, but I'll be just as needy as ever.

Emma: She's not my mom, but I'll come visit and vomit in her room one night!

SERIOUSLY.  Animals are killing me right now.  I love 'em and all, but they need to all calm it down for a little while.

Now for the actual post for today, it's a lot of random.  As in...

-I saw this on pinterest today and I swear I heard angels singing.  This right here is my dream bedroom, although I didn't know it until today.  The neutrals, the little bit of gold sparkly, the light fixture, the rug, the headboard.  I LOVE.



-I would like some snow boots.  There are some SUPER cute ones out there now, except there's a few problems: I live in Georgia, it rarely snows and if it does, you can pretty much guarantee I won't be out in it, and I just got two new pairs of boots.  New snow boots are not in the budget.


-It was nine degrees outside when I woke up this morning.  NINE degrees.  You wanna hear some junk, though?  We got no delay for school and had to be there bright and early in the single digit weather (wind chill was in the negatives), but my cousin, who teaches four hours SOUTH of here, did get a delay for school.

That ain't fair.


-I don't talk about my students on here, ever, really.  Or even really my job.  But every now and then you have a student who just reminds you why you teach you know?  I have a student now who has made such amazing progress in all areas- reading comprehension, math reasoning, math facts, his actual grades (he brought one of his grades up 23 points.  TWENTY-THREE points.)- that it gives me chill bumps.  He works his tail off and it pays off.  I work with him daily to help him succeed, and he works even harder.  It just makes my heart happy to see him succeed!



Alright, I'm over and out.  TGIF!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS