2015 is here, my friends. This is a big year for me. I turn 30. I remember thinking when I was, like, ten, that 2015 was a million years away and I couldn't even imagine being 30 or even being in the 2000's.
Not the case anymore. I can definitely imagine being 30 because I feel like I'm 60 nearly every day when I wake up.
I haven't made New Year's Resolutions in recent years because I never follow through with them. Two years ago, I picked a word for the year and it was self-control. It went over terribly, as you can imagine.
Last year, I did not pick a word for the year, but if I had to go back and sum up 2014 with a word it would probably be FOOD. Or even better, self-indulgence. Specifically with food. I ate like it was my job and I was an overworked CEO.
Now, I'm not saying that's a bad way to live, but I am saying that all my clothes are too tight and my face is fatter than it was two years ago.
I think I'm going to go with another word for 2015, and it's FUN. I'm going to have fun this year.
The other day, I was in spin class, and it was tough. It was hard. It was the first time I had been to spin class in over two years. But I was loving it, I was having fun.
I'm not about to try to get deep here, and I'm not going to try to make a life lesson out of spin class. I will, however, tell you what I was thinking. I am approaching my 30th birthday, and yes, it freaks me out. I cried when I turned 23 because I thought THAT was old, so you can imagine the thoughts going through my head now with 30 creeping up on me.
I could dread it and not enjoy the last five months in 20's and the first few months of my 30's, I could wallow in self-pity about how I am not at all where I thought I would be by the time I turned 30 (married with a few kids, FYI), but I'm not going to do that. I want to have fun this year. {And not that I haven't had fun over the past few years, because I've had a LOT of fun, but I want to approach things with an attitude of fun, if that makes sense. It does in my head.}
I have an awesome year coming up. I'm turning 30. I have plans to complete another triathlon, which means I will start training for that, and I really love training for a triathlon. I'm going to Greece in June with my cousin. I hope to do some more traveling, even if it's just a short road trip to somewhere close by.
I'm not going to pretend that this year I'm going to get it all right, or that I'll have a lot of self-control, or that everything will work out this year in all areas of my life.
I just wanna have some fun.



1 comment:
I think FUN is a great word of the year! And you're going to Greece?!?! That sounds amazing- and FUN!
Post a Comment