Monday, January 2, 2012

Get It Right

I first heard this song on Raven's blog.  And I cannot stop listening to it.


Get It Right by Brendan James on Grooveshark


Deep is the water under my bridge, 
Flowing 
And short is the lifetime that I've lived, 
Knowing 
Messing up and starting over 
Again

Maybe all the breaks 
And the young 
Mistakes were supposed 
To carry me here

This time I gotta get it right gotta get it right 
Now gotta get it right this time 
Lord knows I've let myself down too many times, many times

This time I gotta get it right gotta get it right 
Now gotta get it right this time 
My life is passing me by gotta take a deep breath, 

And get it right

Looking for answers what have I missed, someone 
I want to be so much better than this, in the long run 
Stepping forward and falling backwards again

When I get 
the breaks 
Will the young 
Mistakes be the ones to carry me on

This time I gotta get it right gotta get it right 
Now gotta get it right this time 
Lord knows I've let myself down too many times, many times 
This time I gotta get it right gotta get it right 
Now gotta get it right this time 
My life is passing me by gotta take a deep breath, 

And get it right

I know I'll get there, things will get better 
Better with every day 
And what lies behind me will not define me. 
I tell myself nothing can stop me now

This time I gotta get it right gotta get it right 
Now gotta get it right this time 
My life is passing me by gotta take a deep breath

This time I gotta get it right gotta get it right now 
Gotta get it right this time 
Lord knows I've let myself down too many times, many times 
This time I gotta get it right gotta get it right 
Now gotta get it right this time 
My life is passing me by gotta take a deep breath, and get it right


****************


I love it.  It's my theme song for 2012.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS