Friday, January 27, 2012

C-Walking

As I mentioned in this post, I had a not so serious goal of learning how to c-walk.

I have since changed that to a SERIOUS goal of learning to c-walk.

If you have never heard of the c walk, or the real name, the crip walk, let me introduce you to it.

It's a dance move that was developed and introduced by the Crips (the gang, just in case you still weren't sure what I was talking about) out in Compton.

And I plan to master it.

Which is kinda funny, because I grew up in the suburbs of north east Atlanta.  It was about eighty five WORLDS away from Compton.

I was doing research on YouTube, though, and found some other examples of c-walking.

Some football player after intercepting a football:



A little short, but you get the idea.

Then I found this example from the award winning movie, You Got Served.  I never saw it, I save my time for dance classics such as Step Up 2: The Streets and Stomp The Yard.


Yeah.  I've never met anyone who is a real Crip, but I'm pretty confident in saying this would NEVER happen in real life.  Especially not with the kid in the white jacket and the hair that looks like one of those lightbulbs with glue or whatever all over it.

Source

Still, they have some moves that I don't have.

My point is, I am adding this to my 101 list.  When I master it, I can promise you that there WILL be a video.

Anyone else know how to c-walk or want to learn??  Or do you just think I am ridiculous?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. So fun! I wish I could dance! I went to your 1001 page and I am DYING to know...was the new Oregon trail fun? I was obsessed with that game when I was younger. =)

Paula said...

haha I love the pic of the lightbulbs. That IS his hair!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS