Sunday, October 17, 2010

101 in 1001

Anyone ever heard of 101 things to do in 1001 days?  My friend Paula created a list a while ago and I loved the idea so much, I created my own!  These things had to be specific and not just something like- get in shape.  It was really hard coming up with 101 things!  I thought I'd list them here and blog about them as I go through the list.  I'm also going to try and make a tab thingy under my header, but I'm just getting used to Blogger and sometimes don't know what I'm doing!  Anyway, here is my list:

101 Things to Do in 1001 Days
Start: January 1, 2010
Finish: September 28, 2012
  1. Cook one meal from a cookbook or recipe once a week for a year (0/52)
  2. Get to my goal weight
  3. Take a boxing class
  4. Save $5000 
  5. Complete a Bible study/devotion 8/8/2010 (The Uncommon Woman)
  6. Join a small group 9/2009
  7. Go to a NASCAR race
  8. Learn to shoot a gun
  9. Go on a hike 5/2009
  10. Buy a random person a drink
  11. Go on a vacation outside of Georgia
  12. Compete in a wing eating contest- even if it is just with my friends
  13. Go kayaking 8/2009
  14. Complete P90X
  15. Complete a sprint triathlon
  16. Go on a scrapbooking retreat
  17. Buy a house
  18. Finish my master’s
  19. Start and possibly finish my specialist degree
  20. Go back to Africa
  21. Visit Alaska, Montana and/or Nebraska
  22. Get my college t-shirts made into a quilt
  23. Read 10 new books a year (8/30)- See list below
  24. Go on a road trip that is longer than one day
  25. Go on a cruise
  26. Take a cooking class
  27. Get CPR certified
  28. Go on a blind date
  29. Go camping
  30. Fix my tattoo
  31. Whiten my teeth
  32. Get a massage
  33. Learn how to ski
  34. Complete a wing taste test and find my favorite wing
  35. Learn to drive a stick shift
  36. Create a budget and STICK to it for one month
  37. Leave a 100% tip on a meal that is over ten dollars
  38. Go to New York City
  39. Read the entire Bible
  40. Own all seasons of Will and Grace
  41. Donate blood 8/10/10
  42. Join a book club or start one Started one 8/2010
  43. Run a 5K
  44. Run an eight minute mile
  45. Attend Mountain Day 10/2/10
  46. Scrapbook the most photographic 101 events as they happen
  47. Learn to sew 
  48. Sew something- pillow case, blanket, kid’s outfit, etc.
  49. Pay off my credit cards
  50. Keep a zero balance OR pay it off in full each month for six months
  51. Send a postcard in to PostSecret
  52. Pay for someone’s food behind me in the drive thru
  53. Donate my hair to Locks of Love again
  54. Visit the High Museum
  55. Visit another random museum
  56. Go to the driving range
  57. Play nine or eighteen holes of golf
  58. Go horseback riding
  59. Visit my grandma
  60. Go back to Disney World
  61. Create three savings accounts: emergency, trips, fun stuff
  62. See a movie by myself
  63. Donate to the Berry Alumni Association 9/2010
  64. Make a meal from scratch
  65. Get all of my favorite family recipes written down
  66. Back up my pictures on my computer 1/2010
  67. Give up Cokes for a month
  68. Get a new computer 4/2010
  69. Attend a professional sporting event
  70. Go to the St. Patrick’s Day parade in Savannah
  71. Send out Christmas cards
  72. Learn how to change my oil
  73. Use cash only for a month (except paying online bills) 8/2010
  74. File my own taxes 2/2010 
  75. Go ice skating
  76. Go to a music festival
  77. See Britney Spears in concert
  78. Go to a comedy club
  79. Go without alcohol for an entire month 8/2010
  80. Take another dance class
  81. Join a gym and go 3-4 times a week for two months straight
  82. Hire a personal trainer and learn the best exercises for my knee 7/2010
  83. Take a pottery class
  84. Go through old bills and purge
  85. Sell my Jetta
  86. Put flowers on my grandparents’ grave
  87. Go an entire week without talking bad about someone
  88. Eat at all the restaurants on my list before I move out of Athens
  89. Move out of my parents’ house
  90. Take a water aerobics class
  91. Participate in Race for the Cure again
  92. Get the new version of Oregon Trail and play it 6/21/10
  93. Donate $100 to any charity
  94. Beat DK 3 103% 6/24/10
  95. Walk Ace and Marley every day for a month (weather permitting)
  96. Get Emmy’s teeth cleaned
  97. Write a living will
  98. Buy ten new pairs of well-fitting underwear
  99. Buy a new car
  100. Volunteer somewhere for at least two hours
  101. Do at least 2 unassisted pull-up    

So that's my list.  Some of them are kind of dorky, I know- beating Donkey Kong 3?  I realize I am 25 years old, but I love me some Super Nintendo Donkey Kong.  I've got just under two years to get this stuff done.  So far, it's been fun trying to get these things finished and I can't wait to work my way through this list!

1 comment:

Kit said...

Great list! I can not wait to see you cross somethings off your list.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS