Sunday, October 10, 2010

SEC

I grew up with my dad watching NFL football every fall and winter. I never got into it and he always told me one day I'd change my mind about football. That, and NASCAR. I always told him that there was NO WAY I'd be in to football. Like, never.

Well, I'm eating my words now because since the beginning of college, I have slowly but surely gotten into football. But really only SEC football, because, let's be honest, why watch anything else? I know some people don't understand how and why people choose to root for teams they have no ties to and didn't attend. I get that, but I went to a small private college that had no football team. And even though I have lived in Georgia my entire life, and in Athens for three years after college, I am a die-hard Florida Gators fan. Love em, love em, love em.



Did anybody watch any of the SEC games yesterday? Oh my goodness. Georgia finally got a win (I will admit, they played well yesterday. And AJ Green is pretty amazing). I had to work at church last night and missed the end of the Alabama/SC game- I can't believe South Carolina beat the number one team! And I'm really kind of upset about the Florida loss. I missed that game because it was my friend Stephen's birthday and we went out to eat in Atlanta. But his boyfriend is also a Gator fan and we were both checking the score all night on our phones. Two losses in a row. Florida needs to step it up for next week when they play Mississippi State.

So, thanks Dad, for always watching football. I'm really kind of loving it now.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Aw, that's so sweet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS