Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 15: Bible Verse

Today's topic for the 30 Day Challenge is your favorite Bible verse.  I can't choose just one, so I've got two here...

1. Jeremiah 29:11-13

11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

I love these verses so much.  To put it mildly, my life has not turned out the way I thought it would when I was younger.  Even the past few months have not gone as planned.  I NEVER thought I would be moving back home with my parents when I moved away after I graduated.  But here I am, back in my old room at 25.  It used to stress me out when my plans for my life wouldn't turn out the way I wanted them to (and it still does sometimes), but when I read this verse I know that God has a plan for my life that's way more amazing than what I could imagine and it will ultimately work out in His timing.  

2. Psalm 143:8

8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.  Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.

I typed this verse up and printed it on some colorful index cards.  I have one next to my computer in my classroom, one in my Bible, and I had one on my mirror before I moved back home.  I will often use this verse as a prayer to God and it's a good reminder for me.  I'll often just proceed forward with things in my life without praying about them first.  When my plans fall apart or don't go the way I wanted them to, this verse is always there to remind me that God is always there, guiding me in my life.

I have really enjoyed reading everyone's verses!  There have been a few verses I've read that I really needed to hear right now.  I'm looking forward to the rest of this challenge!

1 comment:

a. nicole said...

elise, that psalm is beautiful. it was so hard to pick just one (or a few in my case). i think that's a good idea, printing it up and placing it strategically, in order to remind you of your purpose. today is probably my favorite day to read everyone's post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS