Friday, October 8, 2010

Who I Am

I do love that song "Who I Am" by Jessica Andrews.  I think it came out five or six years ago??  Anyway, just in case some random readers roll on by this blog, I thought I'd share a little of who I am. Here's five things about me...


1. I have two dogs and one cat I love more than most people.  Marley is a mutt and he's about three years old.  He also was a stray- someone dumped him off on the Appalachian Trail!  Ace is a full-blooded black Lab, and a 100% WILD CHILD.  Have you ever seen the movie Marley and Me?  Well, Ace is Marley reincarnated.  No joke.  In the past two months, he has gotten bitten by a snake, jumped the fence countless number of times, ripped his stomach opened and required surgery, jumped the fence with 23 staples in his stomach, and still is ready for a party every day.  Emmy is my cat and she is a princess.  She is the sweetest thing ever, but she's kind of weird.


 This is my sweet baby Ace when he was a puppy.

And this little princess is Emmy.
*I'm working on getting a picture of Marley up.


2. I have arthritis in my knee.  I'm only 25.  But as long as I exercise and stay fairly healthy, my knee is fine.  But that is WAAAYYY easier said than done.


3. I just moved back home with my parents two months ago.  I'm not going to lie, I felt like a failure having to move home after three years of living on my own AFTER college.  But it's actually been a blessing living here with the 'rents.  Most of the time.


4. I could eat cheese in every meal of the day.  And I have, too.  I love most kinds of cheese and I seriously could not pick a favorite kind.  Maybe cheese dip from my favorite Mexican place?  Oh, but then there's cheddar cheese melted on toast.  And pimento cheese.  Oh, and don't even forget about some cream cheese.  


5. I am so not a baker, cook, kitchen extraordinaire, etc.  My mom won't even let me make anything for Thanksgiving dinner.  Which I totally understand why.  I am the one who made sugar cookies and left out the sugar.  I blew up a glass dish because I put it on a hot stove burner.  I (with the help of my old roommate) made cheese manicotti once that was so rubbery we had to throw away the entire dish.  I just wasn't cut out to be a fancy cook.  That's okay, though, because McDonald's, Chick-fil-A, frozen dinners, and my mom have got my back!


And with that, I'm done for today.  

1 comment:

Paula said...

Great first post! I can't wait to read more! I can't believe how little Ace is in that pic. I hope you get one of Marley up soon, so he doesn't feel left out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS