Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 20: Nicknames

I don't have many nicknames, but here are a few...

-my dad calls me "E" and "E-ball"- not sure where he got "E-ball" from
-my mom used to call me "LeeLee"- not so much anymore, though
-a couple of my former students (little boys, I might add) started calling me "Tan-tan" and "Miss Tan-ter" (It's actually Ms. Tanner)

That's about it.

So, like I mentioned yesterday, I got an award!


Thanks, Aleasa @ The Happy Life Blog!

To accept the Versatile Blogger Award the rules are:
1. Thank and link back to who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy.
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award.

So, seven things about myself...

1. I hate potatoes.  There are two exceptions to this- 1- potato salad from Publix and 2- french fries where you can't taste the potato at all (really crispy and fried!).  Other than that, I refuse to eat any other potato product.

2. My brother knocked out two of my front teeth when I was little.  He was playing with a wooden horse  (like the ones on a broomstick) and when he threw it down, it landed on my mouth.

3. Speaking of siblings, I have a younger brother and sister who are twins and an older sister from my dad's first marriage.  She didn't live with us growing up, so we weren't close and still don't talk much.

4. I cannot express how much I love the song "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion.  Seriously.  I listen to it ALL the time, much to the dismay of whoever rides with me in my car.  Here, enjoy your Saturday morning...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmbw8OycJrE&feature=related

5. I once made sugar cookies and forgot the sugar.  

6. I recently bought a pair of sweatpants from my college bookstore when I went back for an alumni weekend.  I could live in the sweatpants for the rest of my life.  LOVE them.

7.  I will eat ketchup on most things, especially rice, black eyed peas, meat, and beans.  

Well there are my seven things.  But here's the thing...I've only been blogging for a short while and most of the people I follow/have come across already have this award.  So here is who I tag anyway...

Aimee @ Life of an Oakes

Stacey @ Ramblings of a First Grade Teacher

Paula, who should start a blog (haha)

And that's it for today.  I am so behind in my reading for my class and that's what I get to spend this lovely fall day doing.

2 comments:

ty said...

I just almost died with the "My Heart Will Go On' reference. I LOVED that song.

Paula said...

Don't make me start a blog! It will be all about food and being lazy and not grading papers! haha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS