Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 18: Something You Regret

Ughhhh.  I've never believed anyone that says they have no regrets, only because I don't see how that is possible.  I do appreciate some of the mistakes and bad choices I've made, only because they've made me stronger, think differently, led me to where I am now, or have some other greater purpose.  However, there are MANY choices I've made that I wish I could re-do and save myself the pain.


-I regret the way I spoke to a girl in 6th grade.  She was one of my friends and I was really rude to her, saying I didn't care what she had to say.  I'm sorry, J, that was totally uncalled for.
-I regret not finishing my master's THREE years ago.
-I regret buying the car I have now.  It was a total impulse purchase and probably not worth it.
-I regret some really poor decisions I made in the past.  I've prayed about it and I know I've been forgiven, but I beat myself up sometimes over these decisions.
-I regret not taking a teaching job overseas.  I still could do it, I'm young, no husband or kids, but I'm scared.
-I regret not picking up and moving somewhere crazy for a year, just to say I did.
-I regret not joining a small group sooner.  I have met some amazing girls and have definitely gotten closer to the Lord in the past year.

I suppose there are more decisions I've made that I regret, but I guess at some point you have to stop thinking about them or you will never be able to move on from them.  Or at least I won't.

On another note, I got a Facebook message from a girl that graduated college with me.  One of our BEST, but toughest, professors has an inoperable brain tumor and is dying.  According to her, my old professor only has a week or so to live.  It breaks my heart that anyone would have to go through that pain.  Dr. Prince had such a heart for children and inspiring students of ANY age to read and enjoy learning.  She will be missed greatly when she is gone.

That is all for today.  Have a great night, y'all!

2 comments:

Paula said...

That is so sad about Dr. Prince. I never had her as a teacher, of course, but I know the Berry community will greatly miss her. It's great to know that her teaching and love for teaching reading will live on through so many great students who are now teachers, like you.

a. nicole said...

Hey, I'm sorry to hear about your professor! I'm writing his name in my prayer book.

also... I've enjoyed reading your blog... So stop by my site when you can... I've tagged you with a blog award!

Click here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS