Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Scary Movies

Okay, so if you know me, you know I don't do well in scary movies.  THE scariest movie I have ever seen is The Stranger.  Seriously, I don't think I can ever watch that movie again.  Not that I've really seen it in it's entirety.  When I saw it in the theater, I watched most of it through my fingers or underneath my hoodie.  I like to watch scary movies with a hoodie sweatshirt so I can cover my head and pull the hoodie down low, look down, and then peek up when I can.  Anyway, the scariest thing about that movie is that the couple were just randomly chosen and it all took place in their house.  Y'all, if I looked out and saw my swingset just swaying and it wasn't windy, or some crazy person rang my doorbell in the middle of the night, I think I'd have a heart attack.


Well, last night, my dad comes and wakes me up at 1:30 in the morning, asking if I heard someone knocking on the window.  Um, NO.  Are you kidding me?  At first, I was like, no and then tried to fall back asleep.  But then I kept imagining someone really and truly knocking on the windows with knives and guns in their hand, just waiting for me to let my dogs out in the pitch black night, and then attacking me and killing me and it would be like I was a part of The Stranger.  And I got scared.  Like my entire body was scared.  I got up a little while later to let my dogs out (it wasn't as scary because my dad had turned on EVERY light outside of the house).  And my dad had a loaded gun next to him!  I tried to reason in my head that Ace would have gone crazy barking if he had heard knocking and my dad had a really vivid dream.  Ace barks at every noise he hears.  He didn't do any barking last night.  I finally was able to fall asleep, only to be woken up at four to my dad leaving for work.  He was bringing me the phone and his gun.  He finally figured he really had been dreaming, but still brought me the gun and the phone.  


Needless to say, I didn't sleep well last night.  And I'll be sticking to Disney movies for awhile.  

1 comment:

a. nicole said...

i'm not sure if you remember this with a laugh yet, but it did make me chuckle. mostly because i love scary movies but i am a total scaredy cat, i would have done the same thing, for sure! good thing you have a dog to warn you, i just have my husband... my heavy sleeping husband! whew!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS