Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What What

Hey guess what?

I went running last night.

I know, stop the world.  Like you care.

But seriously, I did.  I'm not technically supposed to run until March, but I was late for spin class thanks to traffic from a wreck.  And I wasn't planning on bailing, so I had to do something.

It felt so good to actually run.  I should clarify.  I ran slow, slow. SLOW.  Like, a twelve minute mile pace.  But it was great!  My heel hurt for a little bit, but it cleared up and I iced it and stretched it last night.

I'm not going to be completely stupid and start running again.  But it's nice to know that there's an end in sight of all of these issues.  And I may or may not already be planning at least one half marathon this year.

On a completely unrelated note, I love SEC football.  Say what you want about Alabama being in the BCS championship game or an SEC bias in the BCS.  There's a bias 'cause SEC is just that good!!  No, but for reals, I was reading this article about the match up and how everybody's hating on it, blah blah blah.

A Sports Illustrated analyst had this to say:


"But it's just the reality of the era we live in that the top teams in the SEC are much better than most of the top teams in other conferences."

Um, duh.  Although it would have been interesting to see a match up between LSU and a non-SEC team, like Oklahoma State, I still believe SEC would have won.  I mean, the SEC has totally dominated the BCS for the past five years (and two of those have been Florida wins).  But what do I know??


It's Tuesday, and that means one day closer to the weekend!

1 comment:

Christine said...

That's awesome!
I'm still trying to become a better runner!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS