Y'all. I'm going to get serious for a minute and get on a little soap box about animals.
I am a HUGE animal lover. I think I would go so far to say the biggest animal lover out of my friends (am I right, J and P?). If I could, I would rescue every single dog in the nearest shelters around me and then be called a hoarder. I would love to open a place like Best Friends out in Utah.
One time, I went to the Athens Animal Shelter with two of my friends and I got in the door and then the tears came. And came. And came. I couldn't stop crying and it was the ugly cry. Ugh, I wanted to take every single one of those babies home with me.
Anyway, we've had dogs and cats my entire life, but my first very dog that was my own is Marley.
![]() |
| This was right after I got him. He was still underweight. Now he's FAT. |
My sister's friend found him on the Appalachian Trail and I took him home. He is THE BEST DOG EVER. Not even kidding. I believe he was abused. He was super skittish and had a BB in his ear. A BB! Now, he is incredibly loyal and sweet and just the best dog you could ask for. But, he is a pit mix and that makes people nervous.
![]() |
| Do you notice how not one thing matches in our apartment?? |
I am a FIRM believer that it is ALL how a dog is raised and who the owner is and NOT the breed of the dog. I know dogs are dogs, but Marley would never just go attack another person or animal.
I found this on Pinterest yesterday and immediately started crying. {I'm not gonna put the picture on here cause it's too terrible...if you have a soft heart for animals, don't look at it.} It just breaks my heart that there are millions of animals out in this world that are treated like that. And then it pisses me off that there are people in this world who TREAT animals like that.
| How could you hate a face like that? |
I know not everyone is an animal lover, especially not like me. I don't expect everyone to be. I just wish everyone would at least have some respect for living things and not treat them worse than dirt.
Go read THIS if you want another perspective on pits.
Go read THIS if you want another perspective on pits.
Okay, I think I'll get off my soapbox now...I'll be back tomorrow with something a little more positive!




3 comments:
Marley is ADORABLE!!! I am a HUGE animal lover, too. I can't bring myself to click that link. :(
My brother rescued a pit mix (his name was Silence because he never made a sound) and he was the SWEETEST dog in the world. He passed away not too long ago.
I love that quote from Cesar Milan and whole heartedly believe it.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/77284594/Snowball-Fill-in-the-Blank-Poem
What an adorable pup. I an a HUGE animal lover. I always say I can stand to watch people die in movies, but I HAVE to change or I start bawling when I see animals injured/killed. And those ASPCA commercials break my heart...
xoxo,
megs [at] Shine On & Skinny Up
I have a pit bull too! Her name is Zoe. She is a darker version of Marley! It breaks my heart that they get a bad reputation. They are the sweetest dogs!
Post a Comment