Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tat It Up

Who else immediately thought of the D4L song??

I'm posting twice up in here today.

I had to, though, when I saw that Raven was having a tattoo link-up.




A Mommas Desires and Pacifiers
  

So, yours truly has a tattoo.  I got it when I was 22 (I think).  I know, I should remember, but I know I got it in May 2007, either right before or right after my birthday.  I promise I wasn't drunk.

Anyway, I had a pretty rough senior year in college.  All because of my own actions, of course, but still.  I won't go into details here, but trust me when I say certain events sucked.

So after I graduated, I knew I wanted a tattoo.  I had wanted one for a long time, but didn't want to get something dumb or without meaning.  I originally was going to get a Chinese symbol, but my friend Stephen suggested something in a different language, like Greek or Latin.

My tattoo...


Turns out it's kinda hard to take a picture of your own hip.
I am SOOOO glad I went with his suggestion.  Much better looking and not as common or typical.

I wanted my tattoo to talk about strength and I settled on strength of mind.  My friend Sherri and I went to the library to print off the translation.  {My printer was broken...but it makes me laugh that we went to the library.}

I ended up going down to Little Five Points in Atlanta and getting tatted up at Sacred Heart.  It was recommended by my friend Stephen, who had gotten his tattoo there.  It took like, fifteen minutes, and didn't hurt at all until it hit my hipbone.

If you're familiar with Little 5, you know the BEST place in Atlanta to get fried pickles is right across the street.

The Vortex.  And that's where we had lunch.

I want to get another tattoo, but like my first one, I don't want them to be random.  I want them to have meaning and a good meaning at that.  Definitely not the name of a boyfriend that you have to get changed (I won't mention names, but someone I know very well did that and it did not turn out well).  I've narrowed down the location of my next tattoo to my ribcage or my foot, like these two.


I'd definitely go with a verse or a saying right here.


I would NOT copy the Biebs, but I like the location.
So that's my tat.  Like my rhyme?

I can't wait to check out other tattoos!  If you've got one, link up!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I love the look of the foot tattoo but I can't even get a pedicure cuz my feet are so ticklish. It would be a disaster for this girl:) love your tattoo!

Raven said...

well if I ever make it to Atlanta, I will def have to go try those fried pickles you speak of :) and I really like your tattoo, I like that you went with something different and not common. Its been holding up well!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS