Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Day In My Shoes

So I came across this great link-up and just had to join in.  I love hearing about other teachers' schedules!



I also love routine, so I don't stray from my schedule unless I have to.

So here's how A Day In My Shoes goes...

5:00am- My alarms start to go off.  Yes, I said alarms.  I am the world's heaviest sleeper and it is soooo hard to wake up on time.

5:20-5:30am- This is when I usually roll out of the bed.  I leave my lazy dogs still sleeping on the bed and start showering and getting ready.

6:15ish am- My goal is to get out of the house by six am, but seeing as how I never get up on time, that rarely happens.  I usually leave around 6:15 and typically eat breakfast on the way (especially if I stop by Chick-fil-A or Bojangles...best way to start the day, except when you're on WeightWatchers.).

6:45am- Arrive at work.  I live thirty minutes away and it's a pain at times, but I really enjoy that time in the morning to myself.  

6:45-7:15am- Pass out breakfast, write homework on the board, check in with my AMAZING team.  Seriously, I work with the best women.

7:15-7:45am- My kids start arriving.  They complete morning work and eat breakfast.  I mark breakfast, do little tasks that need to be done, deal with student notes, student issues, etc.

7:45-8:25am- SOAR.  This time is like a math remediation/enrichment time.  All of our kids switch and go to different teachers, so I actually only have a few of my students from my homeroom.  

8:30-9:20am- Reading time.  One of my favorite teachers comes in and co-teaches with me at this time.  Right now, we're doing a Roald Dahl author study and my kids are loving it.

9:20-10:00am- Specials.  I plan (when I can), otherwise I have meetings.  Lots of meetings.  Always one on Thursday, always one every other Tuesday, and then RTI meetings whenever I have to.  This time FLIES by.

10:00-10:45am- Language Arts...grammar and writing.  Never enough time.

10:45-11:00am- Recess for the kiddos

11:00-12:00- Math.  I LOVE teaching math.  Especially decimals and fractions, which is what we're doing now!

12:00-12:16- Go over morning work, do mad minute multiplication tests.  Don't you love the random time we stop at? 

12:16-12:46- Lunch...I end up always working a little during lunch, but I still spend part of lunch with my team.

12:46-2:00- Science or social studies.  We flip back and forth.  I also love teaching these two, but again, I wish I had more time.  

2:00-2:15- School wide DEAR time.  Even the teachers read and I have gotten through so many great books in my classroom library lately.  I just finished Bud, Not Buddy- such a great book!

2:15-2:25- Pack up, clean up, send the kids home

2:25-2:50- I always have some type of duty- bus, inside car duty, outside car duty.  

2:50-??- If it's a Tuesday, I have staff meetings.  If it's every other Monday, I have a PBIS meeting.  Otherwise, I'm planning, trying to get stuff done.  It's been my goal to take off by four whenever I can and I'm glad to say that I've done it so far!

4:00ish-10:00ish- This is when I check blogs, emails, Facebook, grade papers, eat dinner, go to the gym, etc.

10:00ish- I wish it was earlier, but around ten I usually get ready for bed and crash.  Within minutes.

And that's my day!  Hope it's not super boring!

3 comments:

Ginger Snaps said...

We did the SOAR focus groups last year for Reading and we had the highest test scores in our school! It works!! I also loved the fact that I only had 7 kids for that 30 minutes! I also do PBIS at my school! =) Love it!

gingersnapstreatsforteachers.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I set multiple alarms as well. Glad I am not the only one! =)

Ms. Smith
Adventures of Ms. Smith

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

I had never heard of PBIS until this linky party. It sounds like a neat thing. I also love that the teachers participate in DEAR time too.

Thanks for linking up!
Miss Klohn
Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS