I starting writing this one a few weeks ago when I was having a hard time with my foot...
I'm sure if anyone actually went through my blog and read some of the posts that go back to back they would think I was bipolar. Because they are up and down.
But this is my outlet. I never started this blog to get huge and a bunch of followers. If I did, that would be cool, but I would feel an obligation to put up certain kinds of posts. And have sponsors and host giveaways and I don't want to be that kind of blog.
Anyway, the other night I was grading papers and listening to some playlists on my iTunes. My playlists, by the way, are probably what you would really classify as bipolar. Up and then down and all over the place.
One of my favorite songs to run to came on and it just made me sad. I don't know if I'll ever get to run again. Most of the time I really like it, once I get past the sucky part of building my stamina up. I'm not a super fast runner, but I still enjoy it. I also love spinning class, and I know I can still do that.
This foot surgery was a lot more than I thought it was going to be. For starters, I didn't know I was going to be in a hard cast, much less for six weeks. Then, I didn't know how hard it was going to be to start walking again. It's painful, to say the least. I guess that's what happens when they have to repair your Achilles tendon, but sheesh. I'm still in the walking cast and that is 1000x better than the hard cast, for sure, but it still limits me.
A part of me wishes I had never had the surgery. I think about how the worst of the pain was in the morning and I could have probably dealt with it for the most part of it. But then another bigger part of me is already thankful when I put a little weight on my bare foot and there is no pain near the tendon, only on the parts that haven't been used in 6-8 weeks. Which is pretty much everywhere else.
So I went back to the doctor today. I waited almost an hour, saw Dr. B for five minutes, and then was outta there. But, the good news is that I can wean myself off of my walking cast. I've already kind of been doing that, so it's easy. But I can wear matching shoes now!
I'm getting off track, let me back up. Per doctor's orders, I can't walk (exercise style) or bike for about a month and there's no running for another three months.
Let's be real, as much as I say I miss running, I miss the idea of it more than I miss actually running. Because who actually misses running?
Crazy people, that's who. And you can call me a lot of things, but I ain't crazy. Lazy, yes, but not loco.
So yeah. That's where I am as far as the foot. It actually worked out perfectly because I move on Saturday and I can wear tennis shoes!
I know this post is super boring, but whatev.
TGIF tomorrow, right?
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment