The time when school starts back is always busy. I also find that my fall seasons are always really busy. And then I always make even more commitments, make even more plans. It just gets overwhelming and every year I tell myself- don't make as many plans next year. But I do.
At least I've gotten better at turning things down. I used to always feel like if I don't go do something, I'd miss out on the conversation, the experience, whatever. And in college and my early twenties, all I had going on was school, so it was totally okay to be busy all the time. Now, though, I am okay with turning down things to do. I may miss out on a fun experience, but I will be happier in the long run because I have some time to recharge, rest, and catch up on things.
I've also read somewhere (Pinterest, probably) that if you're don't have time to pray and spend some time with the Lord, then you're too busy. And I agree.
So today, well, today is my day. It's for me. If I get to some grading, awesome. If I don't, awesome.
I also realized I haven't really told you what's been going on in my life lately. So, an update.
-A couple of weekends ago I celebrated my friend Anna's bachelorette. She is getting married in one week and I can't wait to celebrate with her! We went downtown to Buckhead and hung by the pool, got our hair did at Dry Bar, and then had dinner at Cantina.
![]() |
| I stole this from her FB/Instagram. Hope that's okay because I took zero pictures. |
-Last weekend I hung out with a sweet friend. We spent some time by the pool, had dinner, and then watched a couple of movies. No pictures here.
-Last night my friend Jessica came over. We had a delicious dinner of Chick-fil-A and then watched Side Effects. Y'all. Have you seen this movie? It is good. Really good. It went in a direction that I didn't think about and there was a twist I was definitely not expecting. And Jude Law has gotten old. But it is really good.
-I have made a bad habit of swinging by Krispy Kreme on my Saturday mornings. This was last Saturday's donut run. I had these coupons for free donuts, though, and I used the last one this morning. So that was my excuse.
-I got a long overdue haircut today by a friend of mine. I LOVE WHEN HE CUTS MY HAIR. It is always, always perfect. I nitpick my hair any time someone else cuts it or styles it and usually don't like it. I would post a picture of this, but I just rolled out of bed and went to the salon, so I don't look so hot.
-I went by a local teacher store also to spend a gift card my principal so generously gave every teacher. I got these great books that I'm excited to use, but I also saw this super fun purple grader! How can you pass that up? You can't.
-The weather here in Atlanta has been ridiculous. I've loved it. The high for the past three days has been 68/70. The HIGH. If you have never experienced a typical Georgia August, consider yourself lucky. Normally it's the worst month of the year. The humidity, the heat, it's all awful. And yet I was cold at recess on Thursday. Cold. I've had my windows open. My cat has loved that, btw. It's been wonderful! I'm hoping that we will have a mild (aka normal for most parts of the country) fall and maybe, just maybe, some snow this winter.
![]() |
| PS- that green is in my bedroom. I have decided on completely changing my room color up. Green is fun, but just not relaxing. |
Okay that's about it. I've got some tv to watch, some Sudoku to play, and maybe some papers to grade.
Happy Saturday!


.jpg)



2 comments:
I really love the comment about not having enough time to pray. That one really hit home for me:) And it's awesome that your principal gets you gift cards! I love back to school shopping!
i am the total opposite. i know everyone is loving the weather here but i miss the heat! it was 56 in may - we only had 2 months of summer! i've been whining all weekend ;)
but dang girl, you ARE busy! but sounds like you've been up to some fun things!
Post a Comment