I hate fad diets, but this isn't really a fad diet. My cousin and I talked about cutting out sugar in our diets months ago, and we did. For a few months. But then summer came around and we both fell off the bandwagon.
We both kept talking about cutting it out again because we both felt much better, lost a few pounds (never a bad thing!), and just knew it was better for us!
So, today it is. We both still have one concession (hers is sugar in her daily cup of coffee, mine is the chocolate chips I use in these breakfast oatmeal balls that I make every now and then). But no more cokes, no more candy bars, no more junk.
I'm actually really excited and ready. I am tired all the time, my pants are tighter than ever, and I just consume complete crap sometimes. I wish I could be one of those people who are like, "clean everything, yay paleo, I can go to a Mexican place and only eat seven chips." I am not one of those people and never will be.
{Side note: When I lived in Athens, I attended a boot camp with a friend of mine from work. It was actually a really awesome boot camp but I was not invested at all. The instructor/owner told us once when she goes to a Mexican restaurant she limits herself to nine tortilla chips and that's it. Uh, no ma'am. This girl has zero self-control and would never, ever be able to do that. Unless I was having dinner with Luke Bryan in my swimsuit. Or had a million dollars riding on that. And that's it.}
So anyway, we also allow ourselves one cheat day/emergency meal a week if needed. It's not like I'll never eat sugar again- that's totally not realistic. And my meals won't immediately be super healthy and perfect. But Krispy Kreme runs will be gone, candy bars will be gone, daily cokes will be gone, and ice cream every night will be gone as well.
![]() |
| Bye bye Moose Tracks. |
I think I'll miss the ice cream the most.


1 comment:
NINE TORTILLA CHIPS??! What is she, a robot? A SAD robot. That's such a miserable life.
Post a Comment