And then I've been listening to a lot of sermons on podcasts. The one I was listening to today was actually about dating, but the pastor was talking about watching what you put into your life. He was making a really good point about the music/tv shows/movies you watch, but I also think blogging can be something you have to watch. It's very easy to look at other people's blogs and think their life is amazing and their house is amazing and mine sucks and I need to go spend $150 on new house decor. It puts me in a materialistic, covetous mindset that I HATE. I actually could go on a long tangent about this because I really loved listening to the podcasts and they really got me thinking.
So basically, I've been thinking about my blog a lot lately, but I'm not quitting my blog now.
ANYWAY, my actual point was to share just some randomness in my life lately. Like:
1- At church last weekend, I ran into a family I used to babysit for. Well, just the mom and the youngest kid. But SHEESH. I started babysitting for this family when the youngest was 3 and I babysat for them for about five years. Now, this girl is taller than me (like model tall) and she is beautiful. And I felt old.
Not cool. Not cool at all.
2- When I bought my house, my dad installed a garage door opener. He programmed one of the remotes, but not the other. Well, this week my remote died (it needed new batteries), so I had to go through the huge inconvenience of going inside through my front door and opening the garage door with the little opener on the wall. First world problems, ok?
So anyway, I also have my cousin moving in with me for a few months and he will obviously need a garage door opener. I got my self out in my garage this morning and figured it out. It took several tries, some googling, and a search on the product website, but I did it! I was so proud of myself!!
3- This was my breakfast Saturday morning. I'm definitely not sorry.
![]() |
| Krispy Kreme is where it's at. |
4- I did some major cleaning in my house this morning. It looks beautiful and feels so nice. If only the dogs and cat wouldn't ever shed again. And dust wouldn't settle or even appear.
Well, I'm off to the pool! Trying to get some more sun in before school gets too busy and summer ends.


1 comment:
Umm, those donuts look amazing.
I often wonder about blogging. A few years ago I had big hopes that blogging would become more regular for me, yet that has not happened. And honestly, I am ok with it:) I blog when I can or when I feel like it, and I suppose that's enough for me at this point!
Post a Comment