Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Britney's Best

People.  If you've been around here for awhile, you know of my undying love for Britney Spears.  The girl can do no wrong in my eyes.  Let's forget about 2007, shall we?  She is the only celebrity I follow on Instagram and Twitter (oh yeah, I created a Twitter account.  But I follow all of three people and have not tweeted once.  I will soon...).

There have been some rumors of Britney signing on for a longish term in Vegas.  If that happened, I would lose my ever loving mind.  I am not even kidding.  Y'all, Celine Dion AND Britney in one city??  I would die.  And I would immediately go in more debt to book that flight and those tickets.

Anyway, I did not watch the VMA's because I am a self-respecting adult.  JK, I was in bed before they even started.  But really, I cannot tell you the last time I turned the tv to MTV.  TV Land, HGTV, and CBS, yes, but not MTV.

But of course I heard all about this Miley Cyrus junk, and I will not even dignify her performance with my thoughts.  However, I immediately thought of Ms. Britney, and so did my favorite time wasting website.

Brit Brit herself did not attend this year, but I suspect that is because she dominated the VMA's back in the early 2000's and set the standard.

I mean, no one else had a "shocking"-I'm-a-grown-up-now performance like Britney a la 2000.



Am I right, or am I right?

But you also gotta love her 1999 performance with NSYNC.  (1999 was my favorite VMA year- BSB had a pretty awesome performance as well and who doesn't love Chris Rock making fun of other celebrities?)


And then, duh, you can't forget the snake performance.



I need to stop now or I'll end up spending the next two hours looking at Britney videos online.  But also, can we go back to 1999?

1 comment:

allison said...

omg, the 1999 performance! The VMAs have just gone down hill..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS