Thursday, October 2, 2014

Day Two: Dream Jobs

I'm linking up with The Daily Tay and Helene in Between for the #Blogtober14 challenge.  I honestly love not having to think about what to write each day.  Let's just hope I can keep this up each day.


The Daily Tay

So I am a teacher.  I teach fourth grade.  I teach math, science, social studies, reading, language arts, and writing each day.  I also do a lot of other things that don't really fall under the "teacher" category, like play nurse, referee, entertainer, disciplinarian,   I love my job right now.  

I haven't always wanted to be a teacher.  I do remember in fifth grade thinking about how much better I could to the job than my fifth grade teacher.  Not that she was a bad teacher; she was great.  It was just that I had different ideas for organization, for projects, and for other little things.  But being a teacher was never a priority or even really a thought until I was a senior in high school.  

My dream job when I was younger?  Marine biologist.  Specifically one that studied sharks.  I had read a biography on Eugenie Clark in 5th grade and wanted to basically be her.  And then I took biology my freshman year of high school and barely scraped by with a C.  I only passed chemistry because I had a tutor the entire year.  And one of my dumbest ideas ever was to take AP Physics, which I was failing for a while.  I was a good student, and pretty smart, if I do say so myself.  But I don't really have the science gene.  So, marine biology was out.

What's really funny is now one of my favorite subjects to teach is science.  Fourth grade science is a lot easier than AP physics or chemistry, ya know?

So now my dream job isn't really to be a teacher.  If I could do anything, I'd be a professional traveler.  I'd review hotels, sights, restaurants, and all that fun stuff.  And definitely the best food of each country.  Getting paid to travel the world would be a blast.  First up on my list?

Turkey (but not near the Syrian border)

You should follow this guy

Croatia



Prague/Czech Republic

Would you judge me if I said I've wanted to visit Prague since I saw Chasing Liberty, like, ten years ago?  Okay, fine, I would judge me, too.  But it's true.

South Africa

Montana (I don't know why, but I have a desperate need to see this state before I die)

Maybe if I ever win the lotto, this can become a reality.  After I pay my bills and hire a yard man.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I LOVE the idea of a professional traveler but yeah, I think it would require winning the lottery to accomplish as well :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS