Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Planner Problems

For the past year, I've been using a planner straight from Target.  I know, the horror.  No $50 planner?  No.  I have been poor for awhile- thanks to being an adult and owning a home and a car and making poor financial choices when I was younger and now trying to straighten things out.

Too much info?  Maybe, but it's the truth.  Anyway, when my Erin Condren planner was finished, I did not have it in my budget to make frivolous purchases like a $50 planner when I could get a perfectly good one at Target for $7.

My Target planner has served me well this year.  It really has.  It has a monthly view and plenty of space to write things down on the daily/weekly view, which is all I really and truly need.  It runs out at the end of December, though, so of course now I'm thinking of what planner I will get now.

I have to have a planner, that's not even debatable.  I am not one to use my phone for dates and stuff.  I make daily and weekly lists of things to do, and I write down all my meetings and appointments in my planner.  So, I have to have one.

I've got some choices for a new planner, though.  An Erin Condren planner is probably not an option anymore.  I am kind of over them, mainly because some people at work have them and I have this weird thing where I often times stop liking something once it gets popular.  It's weird, I know.  So weird and stupid.  But I can't help it.

Option One:

A Target planner.  They're cute and meet my basic needs.  And you can't beat the price.

Option Two:

A May Book from May Designs.  These planners I really love mainly because of all the options for covers.  I could have chosen fifty, no joke.  Major points here for that.  I don't believe you can upload pictures like an Erin Condren planner, but that's never been a priority for me.



I don't love the amount of space for each day on the week/day view, though.  It's totally doable, but I really do like having a larger space.  Some of my to do lists get long!

I also like this one because I feel like I could slip it in my purse or my school bag and it wouldn't take up a lot of room in either bag.

Option Three:

My third option for a planner is the Day Designer from Whitney English.  This is probably my least favorite.  One, there's only five options to choose from for the full size day designer.  Two, it's huge.  350 pages.  That will NOT fit easily into my purse.  Three, the cost.  At $59, it's the most expensive.


This is the cover I would choose if I got this one.  I don't love it.  You know what, I'm ruling this one out.

Option Four:

A Simplified Planner from Emily Ley.  This one is really similar to the Whitney English planner.  Only a few choices, more expensive ($58), and a daily format rather than a weekly format.  Which I appreciate, but my day is planned out by what subjects I teach, not by hourly segments.  So I feel like this would kind of be wasted on me.  



I LOVE the long to do list, though.  That's right up my alley.  

Option Five:

A planner from PlumPaper.  These look really similar to Erin Condren planners.  Like REALLY similar.  But what sells me is the ability to customize sections of the week at a glance- I can do Personal, School, Church, etc. sections.  And it's about $15 cheaper than an Erin Condren.




Honestly, I think it's down to the Maybook and the Plum Paper planner.  Decisions, decisions.  At least I've got a little time to make a decision.  But I will probably end up doing what I normally do when faced with a major decision- waffle back and forth on which one to order and then make a split second decision at the last minute.  And then regret my decision for a week or two until I get over it and like the planner I chose.

It sounds so fun to be me, doesn't it?


5 comments:

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

I'm deciding between all of these too. We are the exact same in this. :) I just bought a cute planner from target that I really like. But before I write in it I'm holding out to see if I change my mind to the plum paper one for the same reason...that day by day customization!!! xx

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

Oh! I had the Maybook this past year. As much we I loved the custom cover, I'm not choosing it again for 2 reasons. 1) it's flimsy which is good bc it's light...but bad bc I often throw my water bottle in my purse too so it has soaked up a bit of moisture in the past year. And 2 because I want more space per day. :)

xx

Erika said...

OK- I had a Maybook planner last year. Loved the cover, didn't love the rest. Particularly didn't love that I had to write in all the dates myself (like on the month calendar), not enough space, and too flimsy. So for my 2014 personal/purse planner, I went back to a Target one which I've totally loved. But I did get a Plum Paper planner for work and I LOOOOOVE it. I personalized each section for the different aspects of my job and it is perfection. It is HUGE though- I do have 18 months, so that is part of it, but I think even if it were only 12 months it would still be WAY too heavy to tote around in my purse. Since it's my work planner, it lives on my desk and is totally sufficient, but the hugeness is something to take into account if you're wanting to take it on the go. But the personalization options can't be beat. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Anonymous said...

I like planners from Target. Even Wal-Mart has some cute ones!

Stacey said...

I am having the same dilemma. I think I have decided to go with the plum paper one. My co worker just ordered one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS