I have to say, I LOVE this topic. Because I LOVE talking about my pet peeves. And that's probably someone else's pet peeve, but oh well. It ain't mine.
So, without further adieu, my top ten pet peeves:
one. When people do not read their emails, but then ask you everything that was mentioned in the email. There is a reason why emails are so awesome. They prevent a million meetings from having to occur. But not if you don't read your email!
two. Talking with food in your mouth. And not just politely covering your mouth or having to say a word or two quickly. I'm talking about full on, wide open, how is your food not falling out of your mouth, talking with food in your mouth.
It's disgusting, and why didn't your parents teach you any manners?
three. Tardiness. I personally believe that when someone is late they are not being respectful of you or your time. I understand there are things out of your control- like unexpected traffic from a wreck. But if you're just being lazy and end up making someone wait around for 20, 30, 45 minutes? You're being rude.
four. Facebook. In general.
five. Side conversations during a meeting or small group or something of the like.
six. Whistling. I really hate it, and it grates on my nerves. If you want to torture me, sit me in a room full of whistlers who aren't whistling a tune. I'LL DIE.
seven. Drivers who go well below the speed limit. If you've over 70, you have a pass. But if you are younger than that, go the speed limit. At the very minimum.
eight. When I am out somewhere and I spot a couple or a family out to eat and they are not actually talking, just on their phones nonstop. Actually that makes me sad.
nine. When people try to tell me I'm wrong and I KNOW FOR A (insert strong expletive here) FACT I am right. Especially if it has to do with spelling.
ten. Teenagers and their fashion these days. I know, I've officially turned into an old person that complains about youths, but still. What is with teenagers these days?
I have lots more, but I'll stop here.
Linking up with The Daily Tay and Helene in Between for the #Blogtober14 challenge...
So, without further adieu, my top ten pet peeves:
one. When people do not read their emails, but then ask you everything that was mentioned in the email. There is a reason why emails are so awesome. They prevent a million meetings from having to occur. But not if you don't read your email!
two. Talking with food in your mouth. And not just politely covering your mouth or having to say a word or two quickly. I'm talking about full on, wide open, how is your food not falling out of your mouth, talking with food in your mouth.
It's disgusting, and why didn't your parents teach you any manners?
three. Tardiness. I personally believe that when someone is late they are not being respectful of you or your time. I understand there are things out of your control- like unexpected traffic from a wreck. But if you're just being lazy and end up making someone wait around for 20, 30, 45 minutes? You're being rude.
four. Facebook. In general.
five. Side conversations during a meeting or small group or something of the like.
six. Whistling. I really hate it, and it grates on my nerves. If you want to torture me, sit me in a room full of whistlers who aren't whistling a tune. I'LL DIE.
seven. Drivers who go well below the speed limit. If you've over 70, you have a pass. But if you are younger than that, go the speed limit. At the very minimum.
eight. When I am out somewhere and I spot a couple or a family out to eat and they are not actually talking, just on their phones nonstop. Actually that makes me sad.
nine. When people try to tell me I'm wrong and I KNOW FOR A (insert strong expletive here) FACT I am right. Especially if it has to do with spelling.
ten. Teenagers and their fashion these days. I know, I've officially turned into an old person that complains about youths, but still. What is with teenagers these days?
I have lots more, but I'll stop here.
Linking up with The Daily Tay and Helene in Between for the #Blogtober14 challenge...




3 comments:
I absolutely hate when people are late - I think it's so disrespectful and a waste of time!
Haaaahahaha this is great. Whistling- really?? That's unfortunate because most people don't hate it, so it's bound to happen a lot more, plus people will think it's funny that it bothers you and do it more on purpose (as opposed to say, tardiness- which at least is generally agreed upon to be a bad thing, at least in theory). But teenager fashion?? Yes. I drove through UGA campus the other day and it was like every single girl (but only girls!! Guys still dressed jeans-and-tshirt-decent) looked like she'd just rolled out of bed- leggings and HUGE XXL tshirts/sweatshirts and running shoes or flip flops...like...they weren't even pretending to get dressed for class. Back in MY day, we at least TRIED to look halfway decent MOST of the time. Sheesh.
Lateness is annoying. Meeting for dinner at 7:00 means that you try to be there between 6:55 and 7:05. It does not mean that you leave your house at 7:20.
I finally deleted Facebook. Don't even get me started.
Post a Comment