Monday, October 6, 2014

Wedding Weekend Number 14,596

I feel like all I've been doing for the past six months is wedding stuff.  Wedding showers, bachelorette parties, actual weddings, and so on.

Can you people stop getting married??

Just kidding, I love weddings.  But they are exhausting.

On Saturday, my mom and I got up at five am to drive down to Thomasville, Georgia.  We went way down south, almost to Florida.  If you've never taken a drive through south Georgia, you need to do it.  It's so pretty.  I really do love my state.  You get a little bit of everything.  Mountains in the north (granted, they're baby mountains), beaches, farmland, and a fairly decent big city.  The route we took had us driving by pecan orchards and farms every other mile, and my mom and I were obsessed.  It is my dream to live on a farm, and if that farm could include a pecan tree spread, I'd be happy.

via

Anyway, we made a pitstop in Cairo, Georgia to pick up my aunt.  My mom and my aunt's Aunt Gail met us at the hotel, and we spent a few hours in downtown Thomasville.  This is such a pretty little town, and if you ever get a chance to stop by for the day, I highly recommend it.

I also recommend Jonah's.  We ate here for lunch and it was AH-MAZING.  I introduced my aunt to fried pickles, but we also had the best fried green tomatoes I've ever had.  I ordered a crab cake BLT for my meal, and it was fantastic.  And the white cheddar grits?  To die for!

Add caption

The ceremony was at my cousin's fiance's family church.  They've had this land in their family for generations, and on it is a cute little church that's over 100 years old.  Or something like that.  I don't really remember.  



The church was in the middle of nowhere, but it was really pretty.  I don't even think there was electricity.  


The inside of the church

Oh yeah, did I mention the bride's family owns a pig farm and there was a pig roast?

It was a sweet, short ceremony, and a sweet, short reception.  Seriously, the shortest reception I've ever been to.  But still fun.  My mom, my aunt Kerri, and Aunt Gail kept me entertained, that's for sure, though.  

Now I just have a few more days until this weekend's wedding festivities- my sister's bachelorette party!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS