Thursday, April 5, 2012

Busy Busy, Surgery, and R. Kelly

I'm writing this post knowing it comes off as complaining.  And while I do love complaining (ha!), no one wants to read a blog that is full of complaining all the time.

But I'm going to right now, so you're welcome to ignore this post.

I am so exhausted I can't even see straight.  Saying I am overcommitted is a freaking understatement.  I have two, maybe three weekends from now until JULY 1ST that are completely free.  You better believe I am not scheduling anything those weekends.

Monday night, I got up from grading papers and had the most intense pain in my heel ever.  I couldn't put any pressure on my foot at all.  It was AWFUL.  I have a bone spur that rubs into my Achilles tendon and I seriously thought that it possibly had torn and I would have to have surgery.  And I was looking forward to that thought just so I could have some forced downtime.  Eventually, the pain went away, so it obviously didn't rupture.

BUT OH WAIT.  I do have to have surgery.  I went to the doctor the next day as a follow up for my ongoing heel pain.  Nothing has worked and surgery is the only option now to remove the bone spur and relieve the pain.

Of course I can't have my surgery until July because of my insane schedule.  It's ridiculous.  Actually, I really could have the surgery at the end of May, but since I'll be going to Ecuador and walking a lot, my doctor felt it would be better to wait.

Over the next few months, my best friend is getting married, I'm about to start seriously looking for a house, and I'm going to Ecuador.  I'm EXCITED about the next couple of months, but I won't lie.  When I am resting after surgery in July and my mama is taking care of me, it will be glorious.

And so is the fact that tomorrow is Friday.


PS- another thing that really blows about being incredibly busy?  I don't think I'm going to get to see Titanic 3D anytime soon!  Now THAT'S upsetting.

PPS- Also upsetting, I ate a disgusting amount of pizza last night and forgot my lunch at home today.  Boo.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS