And sometimes I don't. Like now.
I had a SUPERB time at the bachelorette party. {I know, who uses the word superb to describe a bachelorette party? Reminds me of my favorite movie...} I'll post about that soon.
But I want to talk about something else. I turn 27 in one month and two days. What. The. Eff. I am so not happy about this. Late 20's. Barf.
I really don't know why I am having such a hard time with turning 27. I cried when I turned 23, but I think that was because I had a drink or two. When I turned 24, my best friend and I bought a slip n' slide and had a blast in our backyard.
I woke up in my wet swimsuit the next morning with cuts, scrapes, and bruises all over my body. Apparently, slip n' slides aren't really made for people over the age of ten.
Twenty-five was more low key. And twenty-six, well, twenty-six was super chill.
This year, I just don't know. Maybe it's because I'm still at my mom and dad's house. Maybe it's because I am still single. Maybe it's because there's a lot of areas I need to improve in my life and I feel like I'm not really where I wanted to be at 27.
My mama was married and had three kids by the time she was 27. I always thought I would follow in her footsteps and yeah, that hasn't exactly happened.
I also think 27 sounds kind of mature, too. Especially for a girl. Like 27 is the age where you have your act together and you know what you're doing in your life.
Insert laughter here. Have you seen my life lately? I definitely don't know what the hell I am doing.
I read this post today and it totally resonated with me, but I still feel like I need a slap in the face every now and then. I need someone to be like, you big selfish brat. You're almost 27, in pretty good health, you have a pretty good job, you can stay out til two am and not have to wake up at five to feed a baby, you don't have to worry about a significant other when you make plans. Your life is GOOD.
I've had some amazing experiences these past couple of years, experiences I KNOW wouldn't have happened if I had gotten married and started a family young. Ecuador, seeing NKOTBSB in Chicago just because we wanted to, weekend trips to wherever.
But sometimes I just can't get over the fact that my life isn't where I thought it would be when I was fifteen, twenty, or even twenty five.
![]() |
| I wish I could go back to my 21 year old self and tell her to just LIVE and not plan out every second of her life. |
I don't know, am I the only one who feels like this every now and then? And when will I ever get over the fact that life doesn't work out the way that you want?


No comments:
Post a Comment