Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Global Soap Project

Friends, I had an awesome opportunity on Saturday.  I spent a couple of hours volunteering at The Global Soap Project.

The Global Soap Project is founded by Derreck Kayongo, who was a Top 10 CNN Hero of 2011.  Derreck had the idea to recycle discarded soap from hotels and make new bars of soap.  The new bars of soap are sent to impoverished countries, through the CDC, and people in those countries are given soap, water, and directions on how to use the soap.  It's so crazy that something as simple as lack of soap causes people to die in 2012.

This five minute video explains the process and idea behind the organization a little more.



It was probably the easiest time I've ever had volunteering, plus it was for such a neat organization.  We also got the opportunity to meet Derreck and I was so impressed for his passion for this cause.  

If you're in the Atlanta area (Norcross, to be exact) and you ever get the opportunity to volunteer for this organization, I highly recommend it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS