I have been so off on my days. I thought it was Tuesday on Monday, yesterday I thought it was Wednesday, and today...well, today I had no idea what was going on. It was a marathon day.
It's conference week and I always forget how freaking busy conference week(s) gets. Oh, and this year we don't have half days for conferences.
But anyway, on a totally different note, I got my water bill today. Let me tell you a little story.
So I closed on my house about five weeks ago. A week after I closed, the listing agent called me and asked to come over. She explained that she had just received the final water bill and wanted to check the water reader thing.
Her bill was over $460. Um yes please come check that out, I said. I thought there was some sort of leak and now I was going to have to deal with it.
Well, she checked it out, her plumber checked some things out, and my dad checked some things out. Nothing wrong. No sign of a leak in my house or underground and the meter reader thing was correct.
The only possible explanation is that my neighbor was stealing water. He has a GIANT garden that is over half of his backyard and would obviously have to water it often. I have a water spigot on both sides of my house. It would be very easy to simply hook up a water hose and steal water.
So, I still was worried about my water bill. But today, I finally received the first one and it was $82. $60 of that was the activation fee, which means my water bill is totally normal. And it also means there really is no other possible explanation for a $460 water bill except for someone stealing water.
WHO DOES THAT?!?!
Cheap jerks, I tell you.
Anyway, here's to Wednesday and it actually being Wednesday. Maybe tomorrow I'll actually realize it's Thursday.
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago

1 comment:
That is so weird!! Of all the things to steal! Plus...that is SO MUCH WATER!! What does he do, just leave the hose running all day long??!
Post a Comment