Saturday, October 20, 2012

Watch Out, Pioneer Woman!

ooooooohhhhh emmmmmmmm geeeee.

How many more people are going to get engaged this week?  Seriously.

I know of no less than six people who got engaged within the past week.  That's six different couples.  I am happy for them and all, but SHEESH.

Meanwhile, I spent my Friday night baking and watching HGTV.

There are so many problems with that statement.  Let's focus on the biggest one.

I was baking.  I hate baking.  Actually, that's not entirely true.  I had fun, until my Amish friendship bread was in the oven and I realized I left out two ingredients.  And then I burned the muffins.

Fail.

But because I have to keep it real, let me show you how I bake.  Start to finish.

Here we are, looking good at first.  A little messy, but that's the state of my life.



Amish friendship bread muffins were my plan...


I ate SO much of this batter.  Raw eggs are no match for my stomach of steel.  That's from years of eating whole packages of raw cookie dough with my cousin.


So here's where things went downhill.  Look at that mess!!


Yes, I managed to spill batter all over the place, even down the cabinets.


And the final result...burnt muffins.


Cooking bloggers ain't got nothing on me.

Even still, I really did have a great evening.  It was so nice to just chill out in my house after the longest week ever.  My Friday nights are so different now compared to seven or even five years ago, but I don't care!

This weekend, I've got plans to repaint my bedroom (I had another screw-up...started to paint my room a light green and it's kind of neon...woof) and go see Pitch Perfect.  And maybe buy some cd's like it's 2000 again.  

What do you have going on?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS